- Turkey - Izmir Hilltown Demo Store
Dyson established our first office in Turkey, to be based in Istanbul on October 2018 and Dyson Turkey has been launched in April 2019. Beginning with triple launch, Dyson relentlessly invests to grow in Turkish Floor Care, Hair Care and Environmental Care categories. The company, at the beginning with a small leadership team and full support from the Regional Hub and Group, is a growing company with the spirit of an energetic and passionate start-up. The exciting growth journey of Dyson in Turkey started and continues.
About the role
The Assistant Store Manager will act as the critical support to the Store Manager, will be integral in upholding and protecting the brand and its principles, whilst ensuring that a truly inspirational and experiential platform is in place for our customers, through a retail-leading, engaged and motivated wider connected owner experience team. This individual will have the desire and potential to progress and develop into a more senior Leadership role in time. They will act as the store lead in the Store Managers absence, making decisions on daily operations, customer care and all people aspects.
Leading the store team
- Works in partnership with the Store Manager to provide seven-day leadership for the store with full accountability for all aspects of the store during the Store Manager’s absence.
- Supports a fun, engaging and ambitious in store culture ensuring the team are involved, valued and recognised for their contribution and are regularly invited to share feedback to improve Store performance.
- Will have line management responsibility for Experts.
- Will duty manage the store in the absence of Store Manager.
- Supports the Store Manager to deliver, short and medium terms plans.
- Is able to work with a high degree of ambiguity, tailoring last minute and complex messages into simple and inspiring strategies that 100% of team are engaged on, through to completion.
- Establish and maintain a communication and engagement strategy to ensure Experts are fully informed of promotions/changes/current focuses.
- Support with day to day people activities and resolve complex people situations.
- Be able to spot and develop talent in Store to ensure a succession plan.
- Ensures their line reports have a performance review at least every 3 months.
- Works with Store Manager and HR Partner to ensure that all D&G/Performance/Absence concerns are addressed in a timely way.
- Ensures that all colleagues are aware of their measures of performance and bonus objectives.
- Support Forum meetings in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Deliver all aspects of the Operating Plan you are accountable for.
- Service and sales
- Lead, inspire and challenge the team to deliver business growth by providing market leading care to our customers, every day, through great coaching and development.
- Lead by example and support team to deliver an environment for our products to come alive.
- Support the Store Manager to ensure all ideas and suggestions are being heard.
- Leads for a strong operating platform that ensures great availability for customers, whilst also monitoring waste and reductions to protect loss.
- Continuously building product knowledge and keep updated of any product developments and supporting the store team to do so.
- Executing plans for live events to ensure theatre and education for Dyson customers.
- This role will always consider broader omnichannel implications when making decisions, leading to ensure that local decisions aren’t made that could affect or compromise other customer facing channels.
Leading a high level of retail execution
- Lead the team to deliver exacting Retail standards throughout the store.
- Be aware of competitors and wider market.
- With the Store Manager, rigorously review customer shopping patterns, to ensure we have the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Review colleague demographics, customer demographics and the ratio of full time part time mix to ensure the best experience possible every day.
- Ensure highest degree of retail execution on a daily basis.
- As the retail platform grows, the Assistant Manager is ready and willing to support and share ideas with head office and other stores.
- Build and maintain great relationships with internal and external partnerships to influence and contribute to the development of the business.
- Drive the sharing and delivery of best practice.
- Accurate and timely completion of all schedules.
- Proactively engages maintenance providers to ensure standards are consistently maintained.
- Fully understands how to execute all Emergency Procedures and immediately seeks clarification when unsure. The safety of our customers and Experts is always our number one priority.
- Is an expert on the content of the Operating Manual and ensures every element is executed, seeking advice when unsure.
- Never spend beyond the budgets agreed by your Store Manager.
- Seek opportunities to drive efficiencies and reduce spend.
- Ensure all invoices are paid on time via system.
- Keep thorough records for all processes.
- Experienced in a Retail Leadership role
- Desire and scope to progress further in career
- Demonstrates integrity in all their decisions and actions
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt style to suit customers’ needs
- Strong influencing skills / building relationships
- Creative and innovative – able to think differently
- Proven ability to hit targets and exceed results
- Experience in demonstrating a product
- Able to effectively manage a retail team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Have a passion for developing individuals
- Is experienced with staff scheduling and stock management
- Can pull from previous experience to solve problems
- A self-starter who works from their own initiative
- Good command in English (both written and verbal) is required.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- Discount on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.