- Operational Engineering
- Malaysia - Development Centre
At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored; solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. In order to achieve this, we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do, focusing on Research, Design and Development (RDD).
Based in RDD centre at Senai, the team involved in developing new technologies into Dyson product specifically product performances such as Acoustics, Fluid Dynamics, Structural, Thermal etc.
About the role
Dyson's Technology Development team pioneers technology that are found in our game-changing products. We are searching for driven, detail-oriented and passionate Assistant Engineer to join the team. The Assistant Engineer's responsibilities include performing research investigations to support the development of knowledge, technologies and insights. You should demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering knowledge and able to troubleshoot engineering issues, communicate effectively and provide effective suggestions for improvement.
- Responsible for delivering test investigation activities to develop knowledge, technologies and insights related to Dyson product performances
- Responsible for delivering operational and/or technical tasks and processes across a range of core operational activities across the engineering lifecycle.
- Capable of conducting experiment validation, support results analysis and communication to other members of the project team
- Working with a limited degree of supervision and has specialized mechanical skills to support project deliverables
- Team-player within the team to design, build and test solutions to engineering problems
- Organizing equipment maintenance for equipment and facilities, including liaising with Dyson’s performance teams and external contractors
- Mentor technicians on supporting engineering analysis
- Minimum of Diploma in preferably Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- At least 5 years of working experience in Engineering environment
- Practical experience of working with Mechanical equipment and diagnosis tools: microphones, accelerometers, impact hammer, rotor-balancing machine, etc.
- Experience in performing engineering analysis is preferred
- Experience in using CAD and Design tools and/or modelling tools (MATLAB, LabView, Python)
- Hands on experience on prototype preparation for performance evaluation
- Understand mechanical drawings
- Problem solving, analytical with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks relative to wider project scope and timelines
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills, including flexibility and adaptability whilst working across teams
- Ability to communicate concisely and accurately with fluency in written and verbal English
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.