- Data Analysis
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
As an Associate Insights Manager at Dyson, you will use your understanding of consumers, quantitative and qualitative research expertise, and syndicated data sources to help inform Dyson’s businesses decisions and strategy. You will work on a wide variety of custom research projects across all of our product categorize. You will collaborate with cross functional teams (primarily within the U.S. but with global HQs in the UK and across other markets a needed). Adapting to shifting priorities, organization, attention to detail, and creative and timely deliverable creation are of the utmost importance to this role. Dyson is a fast-pace organization and it will be crucial for the Associate Insights Manager to be able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a technology and engineering driven business.
In this role you will:
- Use your attention to detail, creativity, and flexibility to assist your team in the creation, execution, and analysis of research for a diverse range of topics.
- Manage all phases of research including questionnaire writing, managing vendor relationships, participant recruitment, data collection, and addressing quality control issues with programs/data tables/reports.
- Support Consumer Insights Manager in reporting and deliverables by creating creative and impactful visualizations along with clear storytelling.
- Become an expert in key custom and syndicated platforms. You will be expected to leverage these platforms to understand market landscape and competitors as well as consumer and macro trends to inform strategic decisions and address ad hoc questions.
- Own the identification and socialization of macro trends across the organization as it relates to our categories, competitors, and consumers.
- Serve as the lead on the Insights Team for omnibus survey requests, leveraging an internal platform. Requests come in on an ad-hoc basis from category teams and you will be expected to collect requests, prioritize, align on objectives, and deliver research.
- You will be mentored by experienced Insights Team members who will provide training and coaching to develop your career.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at a time and able to deliver efficiencies in the project process.
- Collaborate with Insights Consumer Manager on project findings to deliver impactful recommendations and findings to the broader Dyson organization.
- Learn and adapt to cutting edge technologies in order to drive organizational efficiencies.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience preferred with either a full-service market research supplier or a manufacturer's Insights department.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Business, Economics, Social Sciences or related field
- Expert in Excel/PowerPoint; Pivot table knowledge essential
- Strong analytical skills; experimental design, survey creation and analysis; data triangulation experience a must
- Ability to tell a story with data; excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong drive to do whatever it takes to make big impact
- You have an eye for details and make a conscious effort to understand the actual cause behind an occurrence
- You can adapt to changing priorities to meet multiple project timelines and client needs
- You thrive in a team environment but also can perform independently
- SPSS expertise a plus
- Spanish speaking a plus
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.