- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
Associate Marketing Manager will assist the Marketing Manager with execution of all brand elements within the salon professional channel including but not limited to Tradeshows & Event Marketing, Education, Social Media, Media Relations/PR Coverage, and Stylist Activations. The ideal candidate will have the ability to research and provide regular analytics on social media and potential strategic alliances, as well as support the team with inputs on brand communications and go-to-market plans.
AccountabilitiesExecute brand strategy for Professional Edition products within Personal Care category
- Work with Marketing Manager (MM) and internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including TV, print, retail, digital etc.
- Support Marketing Manager (MM) to understand P&L position and supporting Media plan for the project and inform correct decision making process
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager (MM) to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Create or adapt creative materials to be used in selling Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition
- Coordinate with Direct Sales team to ensure cohesive messaging across all channels
- Work closely with Sales partners on marketing initiatives to support brand productivity (ie. – SalonCentric, Dyson Direct)
- Collaborate with PR, social media and marketing partners & agencies to effectively drive conversion that meets and/or exceeds targets
Assist in developing an educational platform to drive awareness and advocacy
- Manage the planning and implementation of relevant trade shows to drive awareness of the Dyson Supersonic. Work with team to manage on-site execution including activation, marketing initiatives, staffing, inventory, sales tracking, and all communication with the hosting organization. Deliver post-analysis on activation and make recommendations for future shows in partnership with Marketing Manager (MM).
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager (MM) and National Education Manager to develop out-of-the box education initiatives that breakthrough and create awareness and understanding of unique attributes of the Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition.
Drive endorsement and develop relationships with stylists
- Execute programs to encourage stylist endorsement and recommendation of Dyson Supersonic to clients
- Manage outreach program with Professional stylists ensuring we develop positive relationships with key influencers / stylists
Be the internal champion for the product
- Assist Marketing Manager (MM), Education and Direct Sales team in the development and delivery of presentations, materials and collateral to ensure success with key partners and professional audiences
- Collaborate with Sales team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Work to evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
- Provide monthly insight into the business forecasting cycle including appropriate volume forecasting and business trends
- Support cross-functional teams with category & consumer data, and analyze & distill trend data
- Assist with key initiatives such as brand and product line positioning, consumer focus groups, etc.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- This position is perfect for a candidate that is proactive, passionate about the salon professional channel & eager to push through the envelope
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ business experience with a Salon Professional Manufacturer, CPG and/or Beauty brand to become part of our Personal Care category.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Flexibility – this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates
- Be passionate about the product – this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering
- Project management skills – this person must be able to manage budgets, deadlines, and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others. Project management skills are essential for success in this role - must be able to efficiently organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities to completion.
- Knowledge of Social Media, Pop Culture, and Professional Influencers are also recommended
- Strong communication skills- this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Open minded & inquisitiveness regarding Hair, Beauty & Pop Culture including Fashion Trends
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel occasionally as required and ability to lift, push and pull up to 30lbs, potentially overhead.
- Someone with a CPG background within the Salon Professional channel is strongly preferred but would be open to traditional and non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Problem Solving-must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player-able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Creativity-this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.