- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
Develop and implement marketing and merchandising programs for Dyson's DIY, Club and Regional retailers.
Main accountabilities and supporting activities:
- Co-author, agree and deliver the omni-channel strategy for assigned accounts with the Head of Retail
- Draft annual marketing calendar, in line with the overall Joint Business Plan
- Develop annual budget to support account marketing initiatives and monitor spending monthly
- Lead cross-functional teams in supporting development and execution of account strategy
- Create and manage digital marketing plans such as paid social, programmatic and on-site merchandising
- Communicate Dyson strategy to retailers in partnership with Account Management team
- Execute projects flawlessly with focus on stakeholder, timeline and budget management
- Record and report trade marketing activity for selected accounts
- Ensure retail activity tracker and store master documents are up-to-date on monthly basis
- Work closely with analytics team to understand financial feasibility of future projects as well as performance of completed projects
- Analyze campaign and in-store performance and report results with lessons learned
- Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialing new activities to further understanding of shopper behavior
- Coordinate omni-channel launches for new products
- Develop account-specific execution plan in alignment with category strategy and global creative direction
- Oversee new in-store POP materials and fixtures from authoring excellent briefs to flawless execution
- Ensure digital share of voice, from product page setup to onsite/offsite campaigns, including display, social and CRM
- Develop and present sell-in materials to internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with design, category and sales teams
- Own the development and execution plan for retailer events
- Manage the strategic development and creative briefing for both virtual and physical consumer and employee events
- Partner with Sell Out Team to ensure local coverage is available and event needs are met, including any display components, POP materials or digital assets
- Publish calendar of events to ensure all areas of the business are aligned and readied for support
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- 3-5 years of marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required – not necessarily business related but must display good commercial acumen / relevant experience.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation, to analyze results and provide rationale for recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Office – especially Excel / PPT
- Can demonstrate a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Quick thinker to solve problems, draw financial conclusions and make fast, accurate decisions.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.