- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
We need a passionate Associate Marketing Manager to develop, implement, and inspire our team to drive awareness and sales of our machines across the US.
The Associate Marketing Manager will assist the Category Director and/or Marketing Manager with all marketing elements including but not limited to media strategy, asset management, product training, marketplace insights, competitive research, event Marketing, and consumer Activation Programs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a cross functional setting and provide regular analytics on category performance, as well as support the category with inputs on presentations and internal meetings.
- Propose and develop go to market launch plans for NPD, product in life and project in life.
- Collaborate with Category Director and/or Marketing Manager (MM) to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective campaign strategy across all paid, owned and earned channels.
- Work with Category Director and/or MM to understand P&L position and ensure the proper details are being considered to execute our strategy
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Work closely with the Product Development team to determine product features & benefits, positioning, packaging, pricing strategies and promotional selling sets needed to ensure success
- Manage media campaigns from planning through to execution
- Coordinate with Retail Marketing team to ensure cohesive messaging across all channels
- Work closely with retail partners on marketing initiatives to support Dyson’s strategic goals
- Collaborate with PR, media and marketing partners as well as Dyson’s agency of record (AOR) to drive business objectives
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Deliver organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
- Assist Marketing Manager with delivery of sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success across cross functional departments within Dyson
- Collaborate with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Work to evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
- Provide monthly insight into the business forecasting cycle including appropriate volume forecasting and business trends
- Support cross-functional teams with category & consumer data, and analyze & distill trend data
- Assist with key initiatives such as brand and product line positioning, consumer focus groups, etc.
- Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 3+ years’ marketing experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with direct project accountability
- Open to experience in an agency or small entrepreneurial environment.
- Someone with a CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Problem Solving-must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player-able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills- this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Creativity-this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Explorer - Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Fighter – driven to get the best result. Challenges themselves and others.
- Flexibility – this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates
- Entrepreneurial spirit – must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Be passionate about the product – this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering
- Project management skills – this person must be able to manage budgets, deadlines, and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others. Project management skills are essential for success in this role
- Knowledge of Media channels, marketplace trends, and Influencers executions is recommended
- Strong communications skills are required
- Open minded & Inquisitiveness regarding home cleaning and technology advancements that improve it
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
- This position is perfect for a candidate that is proactive, passionate & eager to push through the envelope
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.