- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Join Dyson in an exciting opportunity to be part of our expansion into Offensive Security. We are recruiting an Offensive Security Analyst to join our Offensive Security team. You will work in a specialist team which primarily focuses on investigating Dyson’s landscape (Web/Enterprise/IOT/Cloud) for unknown security vulnerabilities to ensure Dyson’s reputation for quality is maintained.
About the Role
At Dyson we believe that when it comes to security you need both a good defence and a good offense. Our Offensive Security team is responsible for ensuring Dyson stays protected against both internal and external threats and we achieve this through Penetration Testing, Auditing, Guidance and Bug Bounty management.
The role will involve investigating issues raised within our Bug Bounty programme and engaging with subject matter experts throughout the Enterprise to assess suspected threats. When you’re not performing day-to-day activities, you’ll be looking for new ways to improve Dyson’s security posture by asking yourself “I wonder if” and then investigating the possibilities.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Help manage and maintain Dyson’s bug bounty programme, ensuring reported vulnerabilities are assessed, investigated, triaged and resolved within appropriate timeframes
- Work closely with development and operations teams to build security into the core of what we do
- Define cybersecurity best practices, processes, and workflows.
- Drive continuous improvement in security and champion changes to the organisation
On a day to day basis you could be engaging with any area of the business and as such this role requires a broad range of technical understanding across multiple avenues of technology. As well as this, a passion for security and understanding how we use technology to enhance our business is a must.
We would expect the following key competencies:
- Strong background in Enterprise technologies and understanding the real-world risks surrounding them
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel.
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills.
Skills and Technical Experience:
We would expect a solid understanding in most of the following:
- Bug Bounty programmes
- Web security
- Cloud Services
- Common Vulnerabilities
It would be useful to have a background understanding in the following:
- Penetration Testing
- Web APIs
- E-commerce Platforms
- At least 1 years of experience in Cyber Security
- Experience in engaging with a wide business audience and being able to communicate at all levels, from support desk to Director
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information security or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.