- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson V12 Detect Slim vacuum. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care. Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans, and the Media Team plays a critical role in bringing continual success to the business.
Dyson Marketing Team; Japan
Dyson’s in-house marketing team includes brand and product marketing, in-store and digital marketing, insights as well as our own in-house media and creative functions. The 50-strong team oversees the unique positioning of Dyson’s technology campaigns in Japan, using attuned local insights, bespoke creative and planning execution from media, to events, in-store and online; in close collaboration with our Head Office.
About the role
- The Associate Performance Media Manager will be the performance media expert, working alongside the Direct team, Brand teams and our media agency to translate briefs into best-in-class performance media plans, focussed on delivering our Direct E-commerce (Dyson.co.jp) sales target. Daily, you’ll identify opportunities and you will optimise your existing plans to ensure we exceed our paid media revenue target and make sure conversion is maximised. You’ll balance investments across search, social, display, retargeting and affiliates to achieve maximum revenue.
- The Media team sits within the Marketing team but will work closely with Brand and Direct E-commerce teams along with other key local and international stakeholders.
- Our team mission is to contribute to category and direct commercial targets by maximizing and relentlessly optimizing media holistically. Making sure the Dyson story and technology reaches our potential customers and owners by planning and executing media campaigns throughout the consumer journey, whether it is offline/online or paid/owned/earned.
- Develop and execute the performance media strategy for the local market, delivering audiences that are primed for efficient and profitable conversion on Dyson.co.jp. This will be delivered through a multi-channel approach across search (incl PLA), social, display, retargeting and affiliates.
- Work with our media agency on a daily basis, optimising and tracking our performance media execution, providing insights and recommendations to achieve media objectives / goals.
- Ensure appropriate measurement of performance media effectiveness against target, demonstrating media effectiveness and ROAS.
- Work closely with Direct content team to understand and optimise digital user journeys, while also monitoring SEO/user engagement to identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Project management and quality control of running media campaigns (new product launches, marketing promotions, brand campaigns).
- Media asset management from briefing into the creative team, to processing them to be run on media as planned.
- Manage day to day category budgets across media activities.
- Other associated duties as required.
- 4+ years digital marketing experience in either agency or client-side within relevant industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; at ease when dealing with multiple stakeholders
- English - Business level / Japanese - Business level
- Experience in working for conversion KPIs (sales units, revenue, subscriptions, instalment, etc)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and the ability to turn analysis into actionable programs
- Deep understanding of digital media ecosystem, biddable media platforms and strategies, ad tech and measurement tools and models.
- Flexible; comfortable with fast-paced environments where various things change daily and adjust to various needs
- Problem solving; be able to critically and actively analyze situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions.
- Self-starter; taking initiatives, managing complex projects, finding scopes by self, picking up the ball attitude under ambiguity.
- Team worker; should be able to build strong and cooperative relationships, work cross-functionally with a wide range of people, and managing all stakeholders.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.