- Data Science and Engineering
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
Associate Principal Data Platform Architect
Data & Analytics at Dyson
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson is delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community, at the heart of that community is a hub team that enables all others: In Dyson’s Analytics Platform team, there has been significant investment into cloud technologies and tools; combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, Dyson Data Analytics Platform team is recognised throughout the organisation to the highest level as critical to all of Dyson's strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community is on a mission to:
- Evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- Embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- Deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
As the Analytics Platform delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Dyson Analytics Platform team have end-to-end responsibility for the management of data platforms and integrations, enable our development and analytics teams to drive continuous features and capabilities for our customers, partners, and employees.
Dyson Analytics platform team is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations - including platform architecture, engineering, management, DataOps, governance, and advance analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – the team is seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
About the role:
We are looking for an Analytics Platform Architect to join our team and work with our engineering team to optimize, implement, and maintain our organization’s cloud-based systems. Your responsibilities include deploying and debugging systems, as well as executing new cloud initiatives. Ultimately, you will work with different IT professionals and teams to ensure our cloud computing systems meet the needs of our organization and customers.
- Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based systems especially in data and analytics.
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and compute functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Identify, analyse, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Regularly review existing systems, make recommendations for improvements, and implement them
- Interact with clients, provide cloud support, and make recommendations based on client needs.
- Proficiency with any public cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) services and infrastructure.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet/Chef)
- Experience in Automating Infrastructure deployment
- Experience with DevOps & ITIL
- Work in tandem with our Enterprise Architect, infrastructure & cyber security team to identify and implement the most secure and cost optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding management of cloud infrastructure
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement any scalable software services
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Experience in Source control management such as Git, Github, Bit Bucket
- Hands-on in scripting languages, Java, Python, RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL) and Message queues
- Cloud Concepts and hands-on experience with Public Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing one of GCP / AWS / Azure environment is a must
- Minimum 5 years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on one of GCP / AWS / Azure platforms
- Good cloud infrastructure technical knowledge including cloud security, cloud formation templates and cost optimization
- Knowledge of information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, technologies and architectures, IT service delivery principles and best practices
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, and Sonar Qube
- Hands on experience in the following Cloud services is mandatory Google Big Query,Google Cloud Storage,Google Cloud Functions,Google Dataflow,Google Cloud SQL,Google Firestore,Google Cloud Composer,Google Compute Engine,Google App Engine,Google Kubernetes Engine,Google Cloud Run,Google Data Cataloge,Google Pub/Sub,Google Vertex AI,Terraform,Terragrunt,dbt,AWS Redshift,S3 Buckets,Lambda Functions,Azure Blob Storage,Azure Database SQL,Datadog
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.