- Science and Research
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson products are world class, utilising technology in different ways and pushing performance ever higher with each new generation of launches. Our technical engineering teams play a pivotal role in the product development cycle by providing analytical understanding and application in all product categories.
About the role
- The Associate Principal Engineer is responsible for the delivery of product level technical specifications across Global Technology Development for the project(s) they are allocated too. Normally working within their area of technical expertise (Acoustics and Vibration) there is also an expectation for someone at this level to embrace challenge in other areas
- They will act as a technical leader working on projects at all stages of the product life cycle, working cross functionally by focusing on balancing specification and system performance in Technology Development, Design Engineering, Electronics and DDM.
- To technically lead and support Noise and Vibration function across RDD and the Dyson world.
- You will be able to prove you have the ability to drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and to ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regard to acoustics and vibration.
- Working within a small team of like minded engineering problem solvers you will be responsible for the application of fundamental physical theories and pragmatic methods to provide noise and vibration insight, understanding and ultimately brilliant products to the business.
- This will involve mentoring of design engineers and junior members of the Acoustics Team in best practise in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our extensive range of floor care and new products.
- Reporting to Multi-disciplined Engineering Manager the successful candidate will be focussed on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- This will entail working on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to post production stage.
- To analyse test results, summarise and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors and James Dyson.
- Liaison with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range across the Dyson world.
- Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Noise and Vibration Technology development.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering, Noise and Vibration or Acoustics. Applicant holding post graduate qualifications are also welcome.
- Five or more years experience in an analytical based company or consultancy, this vacancy would suit someone looking for their second or third position post graduation.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Experience of Noise and Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and Labview preferred but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of MATLAB & Simscape
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.