- Energy storage
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Global Power Electronics & Energy Storage Development Team requires an Associate Principal Battery Engineer experienced in lithium-ion cells and batteries to support the design and development of battery systems for Dyson’s cord-free products.
As part of the wider Global Engineering Group the successful candidate will engage with multiple projects, categories and engineering disciplines, and will have responsibility for the integration, performance and behaviours of energy storage technologies across numerous complex products.
We are open to considering candidates at different levels of seniority and experience for an Engineer/ Senior/ Associate/ Principal Engineer position.
- Verification and qualification of new cells and energy storage solutions.
- Partnering with development teams to translate product level goals into cell and pack level performance targets; responsible for defining technical requirements and feasible deliverables.
- Concept development & top-level planning.
- Root cause analysis.
- Mentor and ambassador for group – working with teams in both the UK and SEA.
About youYou will possess the following skills and qualifications
- Proficient user of industry standard battery cyclers e.g. Maccor, Arbin, Bitrode, Solartron, Biologic etc. Maccor experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of battery technologies, their fundamental electrochemical processes and their application in product environments.
- Capability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists in the field of batteries and electrochemistry.
- Ability to design, implement and deliver test plans that further our understanding of cell degradation under product conditions and consumer usage scenarios.
At more senior levels of experience, you should also possess
- Experience using and developing models that enable performance and lifetime predictions.
- Proven record of innovation in the field of cell and battery test and development.
- Working understanding of battery management hardware and embedded battery management software.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.