- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead, we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. However, most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
About the role
Purpose of role:
- Be responsible to suggest firm reasons for chemistry and form factor decision, support for product launch.
- Design and qualify new cell technology platforms by working across UK team to develop performance requirement and ensure their technologies in a single cell design that represents the needs across the applications.
- Optimise the cell chemistry which brings maximized performance in specific dimension under selective design.
Decide design boundary based on established database regarding to material compatibility, design feasibility and form factor effects.
Propose successful chemistry of various battery configurations, including fit&dimension and chemistry changes from proof of concept to development prototype volumes.
Analyse chemical and electrochemical data to determine direct and interaction effects of the materials including performance evaluation, root-cause analysis of failures and inadequate product performance.
Provide engineering support to application/process teams in order to resolve the failure mode.
- Demonstrated capability in cell design and deep understanding of associated trade-offs.
- Hands on experience with evaluating new cell designs and material concepts on both prototype and production lines.
- Failure analysis experience on both prototype and production cell designs as well as development and recommendation of remedy.
- Utilize a strong theoretical and working knowledge of main materials (e.g. Cathode, anode, electrolyte and separator) as well as how these components work together to make a successful cell.
- Familiar with testing and analysis techniques used to characterize battery devices and materials.
- Plus for direct experience in working with customers and contractors for development, qualification of cell designs and RFQ (Request for Qualification) analysis.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.