- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
You will be a part of the Global Compliance and Approvals Team (Safety, EMC, Radio, Materials). We remove the barriers to accessing markets to make sure that Dyson products are not kept off the market by regulations and standards.
As a key part of the Global Compliance and Approvals Team you will support access to markets for all our products. You will work with project teams to ensure all products are designed for compliance, Leading the safety compliance technical work, the single point of co-ordination/contact and reference for the UK global team in conjunction with the global leadership.
We work closely with independent accredited test service providers to make sure that our route to compliance for our innovative technologies is understood and accepted.
- Lead the technical work of Safety compliance in conjunction with team managers
- Co-ordinate pre-compliance, Safety/EMC/RF compliance testing and other product related testing in Product Safety and Full Certification for Global Markets with the wider team.
- Represent the company externally as required with standards committees
- Mentor team members and be a technical resource within safety compliance activities
- Main contributor at resolving compliance issues
- Support the goals of the Project Delivery Team in collaboration with the other senior members of the team
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job/project delivery activities
Skills and Knowledge Required
Electrical/Electronic Engineering Degree/Masters with minimum work experience of 10 years industry compliance and approvals including:
- Expertise in regulatory compliance, standards design and testing for safety of domestic & professional appliances and similar such as IT/AV, medical, luminaires, robotics
- Technical approvals expertise in various technologies including Batteries, Optics, Motors, Machinery, Safety software and similar.
- Experience of compiling Technical Documentation for regulatory compliance including LVD, EMC, RED, IECEE CB Scheme and FDA Requirements
- Technical writing and report reviews, providing guidance and interpretation on regulations/standards and assessments including liaising with Dyson global staff, Notified Bodies, Competent Authorities, distributer and external accredited test facilities
- Assist with route to market planning enquiries for certification approvals activities
- Key Influencer both internal and external to the company, such as internally up to director level and externally via external trade associations and certification agencies such as Intertek, UL, IEC, CENELEC, AHAM, AMDEA
- Experience participating in Regulatory and Standards committee meetings
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.