- Science and Research
- Singapore - Technology Centre
The Machine Learning team is responsible for delivering tangibly intelligent devices across all current, and future, product categories at Dyson. Working alongside researchers, engineers, and designers, we blend cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques with an in-depth understanding of biomedical imaging, inventing novel solutions to 'impossible' problems.
Utilising the latest biomedical imaging systems and computational biology techniques to conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative experiments and trials, you will play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing team to enable core functionality in products that most can’t even imagine.
About the role
- Lead and inspire research engineers and scientists to derive mathematical models, capable of simulating biological mechanisms, interactions and systems.
- Evaluate, customise, and benchmark algorithms for the analysis of biological data.
- Act as subject matter expert in bioinformatics, the latest machine learning and data analysis techniques for modelling and simulation of biological structure and mechanisms.
- Characterise classifier or algorithm performance against defined project objectives; proposed implementation environment; and associated computational constraints.
- Perform investigatory analysis of large multivariate datasets, applying statistical methods to establish confidence in findings.
- Design and develop clean, documented, and easy to maintain code. Integrate software builds with the corporate CI environment where appropriate.
- Produce reports and presentations summarising progress against team and project goals, effectively and engagingly presenting complex technical information and analysis to senior and Executive level management.
- Work independently to manage tasks with competing priorities.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partners to leverage externally available expertise, managing the relationship where appropriate.
- Generation of novel intellectual property.
- Doctoral degree in Computational Biology; Bioinformatics; Biostatistics; Computer Science; Mathematics; Machine Learning or a closely aligned field, with significant industrial experience.
- Expert in the application of algorithms for modelling, and deriving an understanding of large biological data sets, particularly when operating on noisy or incomplete data.
- Experience in translating complex biological problems into machine learning and statistical problems, and computational models.
- Demonstrable experience of signal processing techniques would be desirable as would experience in the analysis of biochemical spectra (GC-MS, HPLC, Raman, etc.).
- Prior experience applying machine learning and data science techniques in a distributed processing environment against large quantities of data, for example AWS, GCP, Azure, would be desirable.
- Ability to produce robust proof-of-concept code in appropriate languages is essential, for example Python; Java; or Matlab.
- Proficiency with deep learning libraries such as Theano, Keras, Lasagne, TensorFlow, Caffe and Torch would be beneficial.
- Enthusiasm to learn and share new methods and techniques within several areas of technical expertise. A similar passion for biology and physiology would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary teams, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams.
- Passionate about the technical and personal development of direct and indirect reports.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.