- Competitive Remuneration package
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia, Singapore - Singapore
About the role
The Library team is part of the PCB Engineering Group, a busy global team within GEHW, and we’re responsible for part creation and all it entails. However, we’re also undertaking a major overhaul of our libraries and processes as we play our part meeting the huge challenges driven by Dyson's growth and vision; and this has provided the new opening within the team.
This is a demanding role and exciting opportunity, and the successful candidate will quickly become an invaluable part of the team encompassing a broad spectrum of activity.
Library part creation:
- Create & maintain ECAD
Library parts (training given)
- Create physical and logical library parts as required per Dyson library conventions
- Generate all part and mapping data
- Validate all library work
- Maintain Valor VPL libraries
- Generate 3D part data for each component (training given)
- Create & maintain virtual prototyping library data
Operating as a subject matter expert for PCB library activity:
- Work with IT to support EDM implementation and subsequent ongoing maintenance
- Help manage and create library standards to build a robust, future-proof library.
- Help manage Dyson library procedures by applying continuous improvement principles to library management process & standards.
- Related library tasks:
- Support Component Engineering activity within Library Process
- Undertake library related administration tasks within the company PLM system
- Facilitate DFM implementation within Library
- Undertake training as required
- Very good understanding and experience in ECAD component library management; includes physical & logical library and component metadata and part parameters
- Good understanding or electronics component packaging.
- Experience in library configuration management.
- Understanding manufacturing requirements (DFM for fabrication and assembly).
- Experience with virtual prototyping and its library management
- Process improvement and Lessons learnt close loop activity.
- Ideally (but not essential) experience or knowledge in any of the following is advantageous: Siemens EDA (Mentor) Xpedition tools, Valor, Hyperlynx, Flotherm, EDM & PLM.
The role requires specific traits & aptitude, such as a methodical, structured approach and attention to detail. Consistency is also a key element of this type of work, and candidates should demonstrate that in their approach. Other characteristics include:
- Good communication skills
- Able to cope with time pressures
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.