- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
About the role
- Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based.
- Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept.
- Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
- Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level).
- Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environnement setup.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Minimally 10 years of software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA.
- Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in oversighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage.
- The following experience would be good to have:
- Bluetooth Low Energy protocols, including BLE 5.0.
- Ability to identify issues arising from the interoperability of wireless protocols such as BLE, Bluetooth classic and TWS.
- Experience of how to tune BLE / Bluetooth classic product behaviour to achieve product interoperability and high data throughput across a range of Dyson products.
- Exposure to one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), NFC, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT, Apple homekit.
- Knowledge of software security, LabVIEW, Linux-based embedded system.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.