- Science and Research
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Acoustics & Vibration Engineers are responsible for the delivery of product level technical specifications across Global Technology Development for the project(s) they are allocated too. Normally working within their area of technical expertise (Acoustics and Vibration) there is also an expectation for someone at this level to embrace challenge in other areas.
They will act as a technical leader between peers and stakeholders working on projects at all stages of the product life cycle, at times working cross functionally by focusing on balancing specification and system performance in Technology Development, Design Engineering, Electronics and DDM.
About the role
- To support and where appropriate lead Noise and Vibration function across RDD and the Dyson world.
- You will be able to prove you have the ability to drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and to ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regard to acoustics and vibration.
- Working within a small team of like minded engineering problem solvers you will be responsible for the application of fundamental physical theories and pragmatic methods to provide noise and vibration insight, understanding and ultimately brilliant products to the business.
- Reporting to the multi-disciplined leadership the successful candidate will be focussed on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- This will entail working on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to postproduction stage.
- To analyse test results, summarise and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors and James Dyson.
- Liaison with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range across the Dyson world.
- Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Noise and Vibration Technology development.
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering, Noise and Vibration or Acoustics. Applicant holding post graduate qualifications are also welcome.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving whether within academia or industry
- Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Experience of Noise and Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and Labview preferred but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of MATLAB & Simscape
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.