- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Acoustics & Vibration Engineers are responsible for the delivery of product level technical specifications across Global Technology Development for the project(s) they are allocated too. Normally working within their area of technical expertise (Acoustics and Vibration) there is also an expectation for someone at this level to embrace challenge in other areas.
They will act as a technical leader between peers and stakeholders working on projects at all stages of the product life cycle, at times working cross functionally by focusing on balancing specification and system performance in Technology Development, Design Engineering, Electronics and DDM.
About the role
- To lead high risk issues that cut across projects, offering advice on analysis and robust solution implementation such that closed loop learning for the avoidance future poor decision could be achieved.
- To lead the identification of technical challenges and suggest improvement or method that could enhance the reliability of technology from the perspective of performance and functional over defined lifespan.
- To ensure complex mathematic, hand calculation, analytical, experimental and modelling approach are simplified to toolkits e.g. those could ease the understanding across teams
- To be a mentor for Engineers and being consultant for other Designer Engineers in terms of best practice to optimize control in engineering drawing and its implementation into production.
- To support the initiatives under professional development framework with internal team members, to ensure learning by sharing for useful engineering problems and the related practical solutions.
- To support the needed development for physical verification and validation platform for the use of Virtual Engineering.
- Degree/Master/PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Data Analytic, Mechanical Engineering in Analysis and Development.
- Minimally 5 years of working experience related to fluid dynamics/motor R&D/particles dynamics along with analysis, data integration in product development
- Proven to have the tech. leadership potential and expandable skills in the last tech. role.
- Proven to have good understanding of emerging new engineering development around the interaction between fluid, thermal, mechanics and material science.
- Proven record on the ability to lead multiple development projects based on strong sense of priority and system thinking.
- Proven record on the ability to lead and mentor Engineer and extend technical influence for right engineering decision.
- Proven record on the ability to perform good planning and execution under highly demanding setting and environment.
- Demonstrated to have good insight of ANSYS-CFD, DEM, computing-modelling platform i.e. Matlab- Simscape.
- Proven to have the ability to expand into the area of coding and create coded platform e.g. in Python to solve engineering issues- improve the efficiency of team.
- Demonstrated the good proficiency in English including technical presentation skills.
- Being a self-starter in exploring new platform and software to improve effectiveness of deliveries.
- Ability to be hands on for the preparation of prototype and sensors integration for advancing test setup.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.