- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people
About the role:
- To assist PE or Function Manager in provide resolution on the specific technical challenges and design requirements for each project Milestone ensuring consistency across projects with regular progress reviews.
- Work together with PE to provide design, engineering and technical expertise to projects to improve performance and robustness of solutions, assisting and coordinating work on difficult issues.
- To help PE and Function Manager to guide and mentor engineers encouraging professional behavior, Dyson design methodology, best practice and standards.
- To feedback to the Training Manager any development areas of individuals or teams.
- To drive the highest standards of reporting, communication and documentation.
- To identify the best approach for solving specific challenges.
- To be accountable for reporting each project's technical resolution vs. the milestone requirements in an unbiased view continuously highlighting critical risks to maintain focus.
- To review the product specification when required and feedback to PE for signoff.
- To be accountable with PE for the sign-off the project at each milestone as an independent view that all milestone deliverables have been met to the requisite standard of completion. Where deliverables have not been met satisfactorily the PE should work with the Design Manager to ensure the risks are highlighted within the Milestone Review.
- To review FRACAS jobs and be accountable for ensuring appropriate solutions are implemented by the Design Manager.
- To assist PE and Function Manager to identify opportunities and implement departmental improvements relating to engineering and design through Standards, Tools, Processes and Design guides across Global locations.
- To assist PE in managing specific non product related projects within the department as reflects their seniority within the team.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Communication) or equivalent with at least 6 years and above of working experience in the related field.
- Design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor control , Battery management, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc )
- Broad and in-depth experience in a product development environment including:
- Idea generation;
- Problem solving;
- Theoretical and practical experimentation;
- Development and testing (including reliability testing);
- Detail design;
- Broad range of manufacturing techniques and proven implementation;
- Approvals (sign-off) including technical drawing to BS8888;
- Design and Research reviews;
- Pre-production support;
- Post production support.
- Experience of effectively guiding and mentoring teams and individuals.
- Candidate must have understanding on EMC Regulation and experience in EMC analysis (PCB layout and EMC result) and troubleshooting, EMC test planning and procedures, and critical circuit test and analysis as related to motor, power supply, electronics power system and household product.
- The candidate will have an in depth understanding of household/commercial product safety case formation and safety management processes.
- System integration experience, defining interfaces, requirements, specifications.
- Experience in PCBA/Product Robustness & Accelerated Testing ( HALT/HASS/MEOST).
- Strong understanding on Embedded microcontroller based platforms,8-bit/16-bit microcontrollers
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software
- Experience using simulation tools (Matlab, MathCAD, SIMetrix) to support design calculations and documentation
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independence, Integrity and self driven with a strong focus on results
- Preferably personnel specializing in Engineering, particularly in “Electronics” environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the business.
- Drive to demonstrate and lead the highest standards of engineering.
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
- A creative and practical approach.
- Drive and enthusiasm to implement ideas and solutions.
- Good planning and workload management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriat
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.