- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
You'll be an experienced real-time embedded system engineer with excellent firmware coding knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will be a key member of the robotics platform team and contribute to the development of sensors integration, system kernel and board bring up, and providing unified hardware abstraction layer to enable the development of more complex behaviour features in the upper application layer in our robotic products.
You desire to create high quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems. You must be fluent in both C and C++ and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of firmware and application code.
You'll collaborate with architects, software, firmware and hardware engineers, manufacturing test engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever-expanding Dyson product portfolio.
- Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM/MCU based
- Involve/Steer product/system requirement document review and evaluation, feasibility study and proof of concept
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including hardware abstraction layer discussion, manufacturing test/verification methodology, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in cross-teams product design discussions will be required.
Key Skills / Experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, robotics engineering or similar.
- 8+ years of experience in embedded system firmware development
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals
- Good command of C/C++ programming language
- Excellent knowledge of real time OS
- Proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA
- Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc. is a plus.
- Experience in automated testing and manufacturing test process is highly desired.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems)
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc.) as well as configuration management tools and concepts
- Candidates with the following experience are advantageous:
- Bluetooth Low Energy protocols, including BLE 4.x and 5.0
- Exposure to one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), NFC, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT, Apple homekit
- Knowledge of software security, LabVIEW, Linux-based embedded system
- Experience in fulfilling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline setup is a plus
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket), and experience in Agile practice would be an advantage.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams (including hardware/firmware/system/software engineers and suppliers’ FAE), and technically support development (such as manufacturing test engineers).
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.