- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Manufacturing and tooling, Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead, we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. However, most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
Development of novel Cell technology comes with new and highly challenging manufacturing processes. This role encompasses processes required to progress technology established in research through to scaled manufacture. Being the junction point for the cell technology and the manufacturing requirements to deliver a solution to meet aspirations of both.
A successful candidate will deliver solutions to difficult object problems where design and development of novel cell manufacturing processes are required; along with proven track records working with cross functional teams from proof of concept to high volume manufacturing. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the role will encompass Innovative Cell manufacturing process design, Inter-team co-ordination, Project management and Technical communications.
- Be the driver of novel process design ensuring the technical requirements are met for Form, Fit & Function from a process perspective – construct design requirements and develop to resolution to ensure a smooth transition to equipment & production teams
- Contribute to the development and optimisation of innovative new technologies that can be incorporated into clear manufacturing process and equipment needs to give a performance, cost, productivity or environmental advantage
- You will be the application subject matter expert and primary point of contact for the responsible processes, working alongside research and manufacturing teams. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the energy storage cross functional teams
- Conduct proof of concept evaluation and design of experiments during development, establish baseline process and metrics
- Characterise new and existing processes, establish process margins and controls for critical parameters to improve process robustness
- Play an active role in supporting the understanding of future Dyson cell requirements, working with the research teams to drive new specifications and further enhance the next generation of Dyson’s battery technology
- Support the design and operational management to identify balanced solutions and opportunities to meet overall project objectives
- Build relationships with internal departments, external regulators, industry bodies within Energy Storage
- Exhibit clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over to cross functional teams
- Be vocal a participant, influencer and presence for Cell Process Development
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both upstream and downstream within Dyson
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
Experience / Requirements:
- 5 - 8+ years’ experience of leading technical matters within process development of new and novel technologies
- Experience working with Secondary Cell development and production
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of Cells and an awareness of the application of Modules and Pack systems
- Ability to apply engineering fundamentals and towards manufacturing process development – demonstrated understanding of how hardware and process interact with each other
- Ability to work with external suppliers, partners to identify, design and develop feasible manufacturing solutions from pilot run to mass production
- A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to Cell engineering materials
- Good knowledge in design of experiments (DoE), statistical data analysis and interpretation of experimental data, including software used for analysis (JMP, Minitab etc.)
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature – demonstrated experience of data driven root cause analysis
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach
- A good team player, highly motivated with can-do attitude
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.