- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Intelligent Machines (IM) Team is working on robotics and machine learning software development. You will work with a group of world-class software architects, robotics software specialists, and machine learning specialists on Dyson’s most complex products development.
About the role
You'll be an experienced robotics algorithm engineer with decent software coding knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will contribute to the development of complex features to ensure Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
You'll collaborate with architects, software engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of algorithmic challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
You'll have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains and will ideally have expert knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software, robotics components with a focus on behavioural software.
- Ability to generate novel and robust robotics algorithms and solutions.
- Work closely with software engineers to implement and test robotics behaviours to production quality with a focus on the underlying algorithms.
- Lead the analysis and assessment of the performance of robotics behaviours in both laboratory and home environments.
- Lead algorithmic investigation spikes and research alternative algorithmic solutions.
- Develop prototype demonstrators utilising rapid prototyping techniques.
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed algorithmic solutions.
- Work with the architecture team to identify the feature development roadmap.
- Collaborate with test teams to define testing strategies for new algorithms.
- Provide documentation that is complete and with sufficient detail to support maintenance and future development.
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in feature design discussions will be required
- A strong quantitative background in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or robotics engineering related fields.
- 5+ working experience in embedded system.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB or similar.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, SLAM, motion trajectory control, image processing, object detection/recognition, task management, manipulation, path planning, automatic control, robotics systems or machine learning.
- Excellent object oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; preferably, the candidate shall be able to write high performance product quality code with C++.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks is a favoured.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms is a plus.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Expertise and experience in embedded system development, including protocol, architecture, behaviours, security, etc, is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams, and technically support development.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.