- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for an associate principal engineer to join our team as we expand our connected portfolio. Reporting to the Communications SW Engineering Manager, you will steer our short and longer term software communication strategies, to align to Dyson’s product roadmap. Your knowledge of wireless protocols will allow you to provide best in class product solutions as Dyson expands into its role as a major technology company. You will be responsible for defining the high level software product architecture to ensure that the implementation fits with our vision.
- Own and drive the product communications software road map and strategy in alignment with other Dyson business units, including research.
- Keep up to date with the latest communications technology and distil the most relevant information into our roadmap.
- Own and drive the software architecture for the comms team and ensure that it provides the functionality required.
- Provide technical leadership to the comms software development team.
- Attend conferences and seminars to share Dyson’s view with the wider community.
- Be aware of all other elements within the software development life cycle, including manufacturing processes, and ensure that our communications solutions are capable of supporting these aspects.
- Extensive experience specifying and developing high level real time software architectures
- Experience in numerous programming languages including: C, C++ and Python
- Commercial Experience in several of the following: WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth V4.x, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT
- Knowledge and use of UML • Familiar with working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrable experience in technical leadership
- Development in a Scaled agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Experience in Java and Objective C
- Experience of Atlassian Development and Collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, Stash etc.)
- Experience of using Enterprise Architect
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines