- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the roleTo technically lead the development of our robotics safety critical software subsystems from design through to certification. To work with external certification experts to ensure software is designed and developed to the right process and with the required documentation to enable certification. To work with Scrum teams working on safety software to support the breakdown of work and guide development to a successful result. You will be working in a system the contains both safety critical and non-safety critical software, it is necessary to understand the boundary between the two and ensure that all safety aspects are handled within the safety system.
- Good understanding of development process for Safety Critical software certification
- Ability to define and document Safety Critical software design
- Ability to guide others in the development of Safety Critical software
- Understanding of processes to ensure requirements are traceable through design, implementation and test.
- Safety critical software development
- Experience of working within an Agile framework
- Experience of real time operating systems
- Experience of low-level control of motors and sensors
- Experience in Python and C
- Experience in developing software to IEC 60730-1/IEC 60335-1, or equivalent
- Low level debugging experience (including use of JTAG, oscilloscopes etc)
- FreeRTOS and/or Micrium (or any safety approved embedded OS)
- Experience of dedicated hardware bring-up
- Experience of using communications protocols such as UART, I2C and SPI
- Ceedling / Unity / CMock unit test framework
- Behave BDD testing
- Linux user space development
- Use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
- Creation of End of Line production line software
- C++ (C++ 11)
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.