- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the role
To technically lead the development of our robotics software subsystems with a focus on security from design through to delivery. To work with existing scrum teams to ensure software is designed and developed with security in mind. To ensure software development process considers security at all stages of development.
- Good understanding of security issues relating to software development for connected devices
- Ability to define and document security requirements
- Experience of full software development lifecycle from requirements through to delivery and on-going support.
- Ability to guide others in the development of secure software
- Experience of working within an Agile framework
- Experience of Linux distributions and related security issues
- Experience in Python and C/C++
- Use of Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD
- An appreciation of security risks relating to both high-level application software and low-level embedded systems.
• Performance related bonus
• Company paid Life Assurance
• Discounts on Dyson machines
• Competitive pension scheme
• Purchase additional holidays
• 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
• Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
• On-site parking
• Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
• Free on-site hair salon - Malmesbury
• On-site lifestyle Assist
• Electric vehicle scheme
• Private Medical insurance for all employees
• Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
• Digital GP and prescription service
• Fertility treatment support
• On-site gym and sports centre - Malmesbury
• On-site wellbeing centre - Malmesbury
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.