- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
We are growing our Robotics team at Dyson to deliver an expanding range of innovative, intelligent and connected Robotic Products. If you are passionate about delivering the best product for customers, enabling teams to excel and developing individuals to perform at their best and achieve their career goals, then we would love to hear from you.
About the role
- Design and develop embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based MCU/MPU
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including requirement alignment, software design, coding, testing, documentation, release, maintenance and result tracking, manufacturing test/verification methodology
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Keen focus on product performance and test automation efficiency.
- In-depth participation in cross-teams product design discussions will be required.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineer, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 8+ years of work experience in embedded system development.
- Good command of C/C++ programming language is essential.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals such as WiFi, BLE, NFC, ZigBee and camera.
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems such as Linux and RTOS
- Experience in board bring up, Linux BSP and RTOS integration is essential.
- Experience with debug tool like GDB, Linux driver development and testing experience is highly desired.
- Experience in automated testing and manufacturing test process is highly desired.
- Excellent object-oriented programming (OOP) capability, including speed and overall quality; preferably, the candidate shall be able to write high performance product quality code with both C and modern C++.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as Python and Bash.
- Experience in fulfilling continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline setup.
- Experience of safety software development (MISRA, IEC standards, etc) is advantage.
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C, SPI, MIPI.
- Experience in sensors modules integration and calibration is plus.
- Low level debugging experience, such as by JLink, Oscilloscope, etc. is a plus.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills, ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.