- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Software is a key component to our Dyson products and future strategy. Our teams develop software from concept through architecture, design, implementation, testing and support across the full range of Dyson products. We operate as a diverse global team that continues to expand, based across multiple sites in the United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia, China, the Philippines and Poland
About the role
Responsible for the design and development of the behaviours and features of household robots.
- Work closely with software engineers to implement and test robotics behaviours to production quality with a focus on the underlying algorithms.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including feature discussion, algorithmic analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed solutions.
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in feature design discussions will be required
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, robotics engineering or similar.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, SLAM, motion trajectory control, image processing, object detection/recognition, task management, manipulation, path planning, automatic control, robotics systems or machine learning.
- Minimally 10 years of work experience in embedded system application development.
- Excellent object-oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; specifically, MUST be able to write high performance product quality codes with modern C++.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Expertise and experience in embedded system development, including protocol, architecture, behaviours, security, etc., is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.