Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
At Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking.Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
Dyson software engineers are continually transforming the way our owners interact with their machines and releasing new features for the life of the product. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its connectivity takes cleaning into the connected home era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation. We are looking for Software Testers to ensure the Products software represent the Quality and Reliably of the Dyson brand, and can correctly respond to the owner’s control.
We work in a supportive environment where the team embraces new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across different platforms (Lighting, Environmental, Hair and Robotics). You must be aware of SW verification methodologies and techniques, ideally with a background in embedded products, comfortable with high-level design and discussions with Developers.
* Software Testing Wi-F/BLE controlled IOT Consumer Products, at component level, Product or with App
* Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around Hardware PCB or complete products
* Review Software Requirements or Use-Cases to build Tests in an SAFE Agile team
* Execute Automated Tests per Agile Sprint or Software Release, reporting Results with TestRail
* Build Automated systems to support continuous CI testing and analysis with nightly builds
* Automate Software Testing using Python in a Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino environment
* Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
* Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
* Experience in Python/Perl/Gherkin/Behave, or basic C++/C
* Awareness of Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar hardware for controlling SPI/GPIO, Serial
* Test Management Systems, Jira, Confluence, Stash, Git, Bamboo
* Providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
* Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us