- Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our teams, we’re proud to be different.
We're looking for a Solution Architect to join the team. This role will have responsibility for the design of IT applications and services within the HR domain. Having a balanced mix of technical and business skills this role will ensure that solutions are developed appropriately - aligned to both the local business requirements and the global architectural pattern standards.
The objective of this role is to mature the technology capability across Dyson, providing a bridge between Solution Architecture, Infrastructure, Data and Security Architecture through the innovative use of technology solutions, enabling our markets to continue to grow in terms of volume, market share, revenue and profit. IT is critical to Dyson business success and this is especially true as we expand our product range and global operations. By successfully deploying and operating performant, scalable and appropriate business solutions, Dyson is able to operate profitably and compete effectively in the face of intensifying global competition. In the digital age, the IT function seeks to positively transform the business through utilisation of innovative technology solutions and these solutions must be delivered at speed, releasing tangible business value as Dyson continues to grow.
About the role
In addition to technology components, solution architecture encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) and those existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
The Solution Architect – HRIS will be reporting to the Head of Solution Architecture or Lead Solution Architect.
- Focused on Dyson’s core HR solutions, end-to-to end accountability for all aspects of Solution Architecture
- Working in alignment with the Global Architecture teams (Solution, Data, Security, Infrastructure and Integration Architecture) to oversee the architectural design of our current and new:
- Core HRIS & Expense Applications
- Learning Management Systems
- Time & Attendance
- Enterprise Integration Platforms
- Partnering with the business stakeholders to deliver IT solutions and services aligned to the business vision and mission objectives.
- Comprehending the business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs.
- Working with senior business stakeholders to elicit business plans that drive overall solution architecture and strategy for the HR solutions application landscape.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Communicating design decisions to key stakeholders to ensure the solution is understood, opportunities for improvement are identified and delivery of the correct solution is achieved.
- Working with third parties and partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities to build roadmaps for the HR solutions application landscape.
- Produce detailed design specifications, maintain application portfolios, develop strategies and support business reviews.
- Within a change programme, leads the preparation of technical plans and, in liaison with business assurance and project staff, ensures that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Develop and maintain architecture models, technology strategies and solution roadmaps that articulate and guide application strategy, in alignment with Dyson’s corporate strategy and blueprint.
- Act as the design authority point of contact for working projects within your solution landscape by attending global architecture governance forums and being part of the design authority groups for HR.
- Ensure adherence to the core Dyson IT Application Strategy and Design principles in alignment with Dyson’s Target Architecture.
- Alignment with Dyson Architecture design teams to ensure the designs and strategy for the HR solutions align to the overall direction of the architecture.
- Work to ensure designed solutions move seamlessly into project execution and support
- Provide guidance to the IT leadership team, senior stakeholders and other colleagues to maximize value of IT architecture.
- Act as a contributing member of programme and project teams - from project inception to completion.
- Provide advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects.
- Collaborate with programme and project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions.
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures in line with the global IT strategy, working closely with the Group IT functions
- Assess and evaluate risk as required, including possible mitigations and working with global teams to ensure the risks are registered.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Awareness and guidance of country/region specific legal and mandatory requirements impacting technology deployment or operations.
You'll need to have:
- A proven track record of solution architecture in HR is essential
- Experience of the full software delivery lifecycle and complex heterogeneous systems environments.
- A proven track record of senior level business engagement / stakeholder management is essential
- With regards to the systems landscape experience of the following is essential;
- Workday HCM
- SAP Concur
- Understanding of security principles and policies ensuring these are applied to the design of solutions.
- Able to act as a liaison between technical, functional and support functions both on and offshore.
- Comfortable working in technical and non-technical environments and be able to traverse these with ease.
- Ability to stay informed of technological developments and understand their applicability to Dyson business problems and opportunities.
- Ability to identify technology, functionality and methods that could be of significant benefit to Dyson and drive those through into successful implementation.
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to prioritize improvements based on the business benefit.
- Ability to remain commercially aware, keeping this continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions. Being able to put the business first and make hard decisions.
- Ability to group point solutions into a logically ordered roadmap of projects.
- Attention to detail to ensure solutions delivered are to a high standard.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business stakeholders on business needs and technical considerations.
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to project management methodologies and change control standards.
- Assertiveness and ability to challenge.
- Ability to work and perform in a high-pressure environment and deliver against promises and commitments.
- A self-starter who is resourceful, flexible and able to use initiative.
- Experience of managing or coordinating teams.
- Working knowledge of the HR landscape.
- Experience in utilizing an architecture framework and approaches (e.g. TOGAF)
- Solid understanding of software design principles and languages.
- Knowledge of a modelling language such as UML or Archimate.
- Working knowledge of national/International standards and best practices associated with IT Architecture.
- A strong desire to evolve the architecture and architecture practice at Dyson.
- A strong desire to stay informed of technological developments and understanding their applicability to Dyson business problems and opportunities.
- A strong grounding in general technical architecture to include hosting (On Premise & Cloud), storage and networks.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site sports centre
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.