- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson we demand the highest performance standard from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers’ better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world-class and pioneering IT services and systems.
Our RDD & New Product Innovation (NPI) IT team
Dyson’s global IT RDD & NPI function has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of many of the applications enabling Dysons global RDD and NPI teams and processes, with particular focus on early product research and development teams, the international research and engineering functions, robotics, and software development for teams located across 20+ sites in APAC, Europe, Americas, and China.
- You will investigate the potential solutions and direction to support future strategy, define and own the target reference architecture on how the future strategy to be achieved, this will include prototyping solutions in existing systems or defining proof of concept activities in potential new systems.
- Interpret requirements, identify capability gaps, and produce design documents including logical design, high level designs, options papers, get it approved through Architectural governance forum
- Working in alignment with the Global Architecture teams (Data, Security, Infrastructure, and Integration Architecture) to oversee the architectural design of our current and new Product Development IT systems.
- Identification of options and trade-off between options to address business and technical challenges and fill gaps between business strategy/application capabilities and solutions produced.
- Communicating design decisions to key stakeholders to ensure the solution is understood, opportunities for improvement are identified and delivery of the correct solution is achieved.
- Act as the design authority point of contact for working projects within your solution landscape by actively participating in global architecture governance forums and being part of the design authority groups for Product Development.
- More than 5 years of experience in similar capacity and a proven track record of solution architecture in Product Development
- Ability to identify technology, functionality and methods that could be of significant benefit to Dyson and drive those through into successful implementation
- Experience in working in core subject areas within the Product Development domain, such as
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Mechanical Design Management (MCAD)
- Electronics Design Management (ECAD)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Quality Management Systems
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Supplier collaboration
- Product Cost Management
- Understanding of security principles/Integration/Data Architecture & Infrastructure and policies ensuring these are applied to the design of solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business stakeholders on business needs and technical considerations.
- Able to act as a liaison between technical, functional and support functions both on and offshore
- Industry experience of project and software delivery methodologies (Agile, waterfall and Hybrid)
- Assertiveness and ability to challenge
- Ability to work and perform in a high-pressure environment and deliver against promises and commitments
- Understanding of global regulation landscape.
- Prior experience in providing product development solutions in the field of Robotics & Formulated products is an added advantage.
- Experience in utilizing an architecture framework and approaches (e.g., TOGAF)
- Solid understanding of software design principles and languages.
- Knowledge of a modelling language such as UML or ArchiMate.
- Working knowledge of national/International standards and best practices associated with IT Architecture.
- A strong desire to evolve the architecture and architecture practice at Dyson.
- A strong grounding in general technical architecture to include hosting (On Premise & Cloud), storage and networks.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.