- Science and Research
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market.
About the role
- Operate as the technical leader of the systems engineering chapter in South-east Asia.
- Own and drive the systems engineering strategy for the region, collaborating with counterparts across the company on effective use of tools and techniques to enable efficient delivery of the project portfolio
- Work at the core of our product development process and use established systems engineering tools and methods to bring clarity from ambiguity on complex projects.
- Using MBSE methods to develop product architectures, decomposing the problem into digestible functional, physical, logical, and behavioural work packages.
- Build and coordinate system wide simulations to help us balance requirements early.
- Work collaboratively with all our engineering teams to clarify work packages, manage trade-off studies, and resolve engineering issues.
- Lead and coach a growing core team of Systems Engineers of all levels of expertise enabling their progression into independent subject matter experts
- Driving the Systems Engineering process and ethos into the wider company, educating other RDD employees in Systems Engineering to resolve technical challenges
- Helping us pivot our focus from products to product platforms to maximise reuse of engineering effort.
- A first degree in mechanical/mechatronics/electrical/electronics/software engineering. Additional qualifications and certifications in systems engineering are desirable
- Experience in Systems Engineering processes and applications with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a product development environment.
- Demonstrable experience in performing systems breakdown, architecture definition and using functional analysis techniques resulting in well written unambiguous requirements.
- A strong grasp of MBSE including experience building SysML models using Systems Engineering Modelling Software
- Additionally, experience with Requirements Management Tools and Product Lifecycle Management tools is desirable but not essential
- A clear, logical thinker with attention to detail and an appreciation for engineering fundamentals and critical analysis.
- A confident technical leader, able to operate with influence and drive transformation and growth.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.