- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Dyson has a strong and influential Quality, Safety and Sustainability business function. Within Quality, the New Product Quality department collaborates with Design, Development, Operations, Procurement and Commercial to drive forward advances in both product reliability and product satisfaction on all projects across all categories before launch. This role is to strengthen the New Product Reliability team to lead and develop supplier quality across a number of varied projects in development.
About the roleDyson has a strong and influential Quality, Safety and Sustainability business function. Within Quality, the New Product Quality department collaborates with Design, Development, Operations, Procurement and Commercial to drive forward advances in both product reliability and product satisfaction on all projects across all categories before launch. This role is to strengthen the New Product Reliability team to lead and develop supplier quality across a number of varied projects in development.
Reporting to the New Product Reliability Senior Manager, this role primarily concerns supplier quality assessment, supplier quality development and supplier quality management across multiple suppliers on product development projects pre-launch.
- Lead Supplier quality capability assessment and quality input to sourcing decisions, including quality audits and robust qualification process.
- Manage delivery of New Product Quality deliverables across multiple projects and suppliers and report supplier quality readiness at project milestones.
- Lead development of improved New Product Quality capability across multiple suppliers, including requirements, technical risk management and test methods.
- Lead development of improved New Product manufacturing capability across multiple suppliers, including DFA/M, process flow, process risk assessment, variation control and process capability.
- Ensure Dyson Engineering design/ performance requirements can be achieved through supplier capability.
- Ensure that all risks to supply chain and manufacturing quality are understood and mitigated. Assess and identify bought out technologies and componentry critical to functional intent.
- Work with engineering and technical teams to identify and outline critical to quality control points and characteristics.
- Manage process of continuous learning to ensure improvement actions in supplier operations on existing products are fed into update requirements/ D/PFMEA/ test methods to prevent recurrence on future projects
- Lead auditor qualification and demonstrable experience of quality audits.
- Experience in a sourcing or supplier quality improvement/ development/ assurance role.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable application in the use of quality tools and problem-solving methodologies such as RCA, 5Y, 8D and DoE.
- Demonstrable experience of the creation and application of DFMEA, PFMEA & control plans.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding the influence tolerances (GD&T), controlling variation and improving process capability.
- Broad technical knowledge with a preference in electromechanical systems.
- A tenacious approach to working.
- An open and co-operative approach, empathetic of others with a pleasant and collaborative outlook. A team player.
- Patient with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environments.
- Experience of automotive or other Product Quality Planning processes (E.g. APQP, Maturity Level Assurance).
- Experience of operating within an automotive or other quality management system (E.g. IATF 16949, VDA 6).
- Understanding and experience in the technical & quality requirements of process validation i.e. IQ/OQ/PQ, including sampling, statistical analysis (SPC).
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred.
- Formal qualifications in quality e.g. CQI Diploma or MSc.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.