- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviors.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
As a member of energy storage development organisation, you will develop cathode material and production technology and ensure the materials being ready to integrate with full-form factor cells for Dyson’s future product portfolio. Working closely with the process team and cell application team, you will deploy first-of-a-kind chemical production processes, equipment and orchestrate corresponding materials development to enable performance targets. Work to further accelerate promising materials for subsequent generations to be ready for use in Dyson’s future roadmap.
- Own material development and introduce materials for our new batteries based on clear interpretation of battery performance including experimental data, cell requirement analysis and market strategy.
- Plan and execute material development from concept developing through commissioning and ramp-up with key deliverables.
- Understand and develop project architecture for novel chemical processing facilities and project execution, leveraging a combination of in-house and 3rd party resources including economic analysis and technology requirement.
- Create and maintain I/O diagram, Kaizen strategies and lead the selection of critical parameters, instrumentation and condition to meet the desired material design.
- Collaborate with research team to build up database, to come up with the feasible design so that ensure the project timeline.
Experience / Requirements:
- 7+ year as an engineer in battery business, 5+ year proven in direct industrial experience in a material development, chemical process design or product development.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of controls project from concept development through commissioning and ramp-up.
- Experience building process flow chart including instrumentation, control narratives, and building I/O lists for greenfield or brownfield project.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and demonstrated ability to leverage this knowledge to resolve challenging technical problems.
- A systemic knowledge of battery chemistry from preparation to application.
- Be familiar with data analysis tools and methodologies, from theoretical analysis to practical way.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
Educated to Degree/Master’s level (scientific/engineering based)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.