- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The successful candidate will work closely with the Lead Solution Architect and the Head of Solution Architecture on projects and programmes across the Owner Experience and Retail areas of the business.
About the role
- Own the baseline and target architecture for a particular area of the business or programme.
- Create, review and maintain the Dyson technical standards and architecture principles.
- Produce high level design specifications, maintain application portfolios, develop strategies and support business reviews across all landscapes.
- Ensure adherence to the core IT Application Strategy and Design principles.
- Work with the projects/programme teams to ensure technical compliance with those standards and principles.
- Provide guidance and thought leadership to the business and IT Leadership teams.
- Manage the expectations of key stakeholders appropriately.
- Communicate design decisions to key stakeholders in the business and IT.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the current architecture.
- Interpret requirements, identify capability gaps and produce design documents including; logical design, capability maps, integration and data views.
- Participate and contribute to POC, RFI and RFP processes / vendor selection.
- Participate in defining and shaping the architecture practice going forwards.
- Ensure smooth implementation of projects into BAU support.
- Present designs at Technical Design Authorities and Architecture Review Boards.
- Identify options to address business and technical challenges and fill gaps between business strategy and application capabilities.
- Communicate design decisions to key stakeholders to ensure the solution is understood, opportunities for improvement are identified and delivery of the correct solution is achieved.
- Work with third parties and partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities to build roadmaps for the Owner Experience solutions application landscape.
- A proven track record of enterprise level application design / application architecture is essential.
- Experience of ERP, CRM and Digital Commerce platforms.
- A proven track record of senior level business engagement / stakeholder management is essential.
- Experience of working within an established and efficient global architecture team is highly desirable.
- Experience with enterprise architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF) would be beneficial.
- Experience in supporting project delivery involving both in-house and third-party design, development, testing and project management.
- Understanding of security principles and policies ensuring these are applied to the design of solutions.
- Business & technical change management.
- Workload & capacity planning.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Strong planning & time management skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Commercial acumen and broad business perspective.
- Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focussed on delivery.
- Underlying characteristic / behaviour of the individual needed to deliver effective performance.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Open, honest and responsible.
- Team player, comfortable with all levels and with dealing with external suppliers.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing the bigger picture.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- On-site gym
- Discounts on Dyson machines
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.