- Customer Service and Inside Sales
- United States - Detroit Wixom Service Center
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
The Associate Project Manager - Service will be a highly motivated and experienced professional who will enhance the quality of the Dyson Service Experience. This will be a self-directed individual, with a clear vision of a service culture, and the ability to execute. The position is located remotely with a national base. This position reports to the National Director of Service and provides support to other key stakeholders in the business to increase efficiencies of the overall service network.
Project Manage and Coordinate
- Centralize intake and compile reporting from the service and support teams.
- Own compilation, organization, creation of dashboards and access of centralized reporting to include SharePoint documents, Microsoft Teams pages management, compiled centralized reports from field, and organizing/storing of training documentations.
- Centralize reporting around tracking service team expenses, travel and other budgetary spend.
- Lead team with project management and coordination including project documentation, change management, project stakeholder alignment and post project reporting.
- Support National Director with presentation preparation and data collection
- Support relationship and program management and with third party vendors
- Ownership of NPS reporting and support with analysis and action planning
Service team support
- Provide administrative support for service and support teams
- Work with service team leadership to coordinate team meetings and scheduling where necessary
- Provide support to service team leadership on reporting including PowerPoint presentations
Fulfill other duties as required
- Constantly seek improvement opportunities involving documentation and communication for service team.
- Assist team trainers in creation, communication and archiving of training programs materials.
- Balance multiple projects
- Assist National Director Service with various projects as needed
- Assist with system data pulls
- In office meeting coordination
- Must have the ability to travel
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of this role.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Project Manager or similar role is required
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft office suite including excel and PowerPoint
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- High level of customer service and sales orientation required
- Ability to work with other departments, build a plan of action, and execute
- Influence supervisors and representatives to reach and exceed sales targets
- Work a flexible schedule - which may include evenings and weekends
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 30lbs
- Bilingual skills a plus
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.