- Project and Programme Management
- United States - Chicago Office
Position Title: Associate Retail Project Manager, Americas
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Retail Strategy & Development, Americas
About the Role:
The Associate Retail Project Manager will be instrumental in the delivery of the Americas regional store opening program, from site identification through to store opening and handover to operations. Collaborating with internal, external and markets stakeholders to help bring our Dyson locations to life, within agreed budgets and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, have exceptional organizational skills and be able to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Retail Strategy and Development, as we identify, analyze, and pursue new retail locations
- Manage all submission and approval processes for new Direct Retail locations using Dyson internal platforms
- Support the Real Estate Program Manager to execute all Direct Retail projects on a timely basis and within budget, whether it is Demo Stores, Owner Centers, Mall Demo Zones, Concessions or NPD updates
- Act as a point of contact for the team and facilitate collaboration and progress by triaging requests/issues, removing barriers, being an expert problem solver
- Track capital, overhead, BBI spend and project closeout with all Dyson direct vendors
- Own a master activity plan, including detailed work-back schedules, for all Direct Retail projects
- Provide regular updates to cross-functional partners and key business functions at a Senior level
- Capture and share best practice learnings cross-regionally and to global stakeholders to ensure that store implementation continuously improves
- Support the timely execution of all Direct Retail agreements, including leases, contracts, NDA and license applications
- Partner with the Estates team to ensure legal compliance for all retail projects
- Coordinate project closeout documentation including tenant improvement allowance applications
- Provide support for vendor setup, onboarding, agreements, and billing for Direct Retail projects
- Think creatively to propose better ways of delivering better stores with regards to cost, rollout speed, durability, and execution
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- + 3 years’ experience in retail or similar retail implementation / project management type roles within the region
- Excellent communication skillset; ability to navigate, manage and influence a complex stakeholder matrix at varying levels of seniority
- Commercial & financial acumen; experience dealing with P&L’s and finance functions
- Strong reporting capability focusing on cost, risk and schedule
- Robust program & project management skills
- Knowledge and experience of best practice contract and supplier relationship management approaches, methodologies and procurement processes
- Experience managing external vendors; building relationships and driving performance
- Proven ability to juggle a large workload, set appropriate priorities and deliver
- Able to travel internationally
- US FT Benefits Package
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially.
Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.