- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
About the Role
This role forms a critical part of success for the new established Dyson Business Services (DBS) and an enabler of the future operating model. This role reports to DBS Head of Automation Delivery.
The DBS organization provides process and service excellence to support the Company with a goal of delivering strategic value, innovating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. The Automation Project Manager should be a strong and proactive project management expert with experience in Agile and RPA and Intelligent Automation with a transformational mindset and a record of project-managing automation projects. This individual will program manage intelligent automation delivery projects across DBS and Dyson. As a result, this role will deliver transformative improvements, improve the way people work, reduce workloads and elevate customer experience. This person will use their experience in IA-focused program and project management to increase quality of services delivered.
- Define and shape project management framework around Agile methods and ways of working
- Manage governance for continuous delivery of DBS intelligent automation delivery programme
- Manage automation delivery projects alongside Solution Architects, developers, automation end-users and the automation service team
- Reviews project plan / requirements backlog and ensures all tasks are addressed within the sprint/period
- Acts as first point of contact for any technical challenges arising during development
- Leads daily stand up calls and sprint planning/review meetings
- Liaises with target customer, solution architect, lead developer and any other actors involved in the specific automation
- Identifies issues occurring in development and escalates/resolves as appropriate
- Feeds information to the Implementation Manager as required
Champion digital innovation and embed change
- Deploy and reinforce continuous improvement practices
- Champion digital innovation and automation that enhances customer experience and delivers efficiency, effectiveness and simplification
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Nurture Continuous Improvement mindset
- Champion digital innovation to transform the way people work and improve experience of customers using services of DBS
- An experienced Agile project manager of automation transformation programmes with experience in DBS organisations
- You understand how new technologies can be applied to improve processes, elevate customer experience and drive cost to serve down
- Experienced in facilitating automation implementation projects and applying innovative and creative solutions to solve issues
- You have full life-cycle automation project management experience, from initial opportunity through to requirement development, estimation, solution design and implementation
- You are able to contribute to the evolution of methodologies and procedures in a controlled manner to continually improve the delivery framework that fits Agile ways of working
- You have the skills to design and document comprehensive project management framework
- You will be experienced with Agile methods (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban etc.)
- You are very familiar with RPA and IA solution development (UiPath and chatbots preferred)
- You understand data flows, finance, HR and procurement processes, especially within SAP (S/4Hana) environment
- A problem solver, determined to find the most optimal solution to business challenges
- You are energetic and assertive, collaborative, resilient and motivated by challenges
- You have great communication skills, can influence solution and showcase value of automation
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Reimbursement for costs of eyeglasses (every 2 years)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.