- Information Technology
- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson Business Services Overview
Dyson’s Global IT Digital Business has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Procurement and Finance.
The objective of this role is to support the Portfolio Directors in DB with the shaping and demand for IT services. They will work with the business and colleagues in IT to support the detailed understanding of business requirements and how to meet these through the innovative use of technology solutions, governance compliance, road mapping and strategic planning.
Our IT Business Analysis Practice
The Business Analysis Practice is a core element of Global IT’s ‘Digital Business’ team. In its simplest form the role of the Business Analyst is to help the business articulate what it actually needs. We do this by getting to the core of the ‘ask’, understanding it in detail, enabling technical teams to build an appropriate solution, helping the business to roll it out to their people and finally enabling the business to articulate the benefits of the change.
The Business Analysts' unique selling point is that we understand (or seek to) both the Business and Technology arenas and join the two to enable the delivery of world class solutions that add value to Dyson.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- With experience in a similarly dynamic role and
- complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of shaping and demand management at portfolio level.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
You will need to have:
- At least 7 years’ experience of leading an I.T. team providing services or delivering projects to the business.
- Significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, programme and project management techniques including Agile.
- Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion.
- Leadership in IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of business communication strategy development and stakeholder management
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.Desirable:
- A background in IT and Business Consultancy / Analysis roles would be preferred
- The BA Consultant, reporting to the Head of Business Analysis and working with the DB Portfolio Director is responsible for:
- Supporting the DB Portfolio Directors and Senior Managers across all specialisms, by working as a trusted partner between IT and business leaders to understand and shape strategic road-maps, plans and objectives and its impact on IT (including demand).
- Working alongside other BAs and Architects, understanding the relevant business capability and championing business needs, supporting better visibility and understanding of portfolio road-maps and plans for stakeholders, ultimately helping to; shape, stimulate and build their IT strategies and road-maps for the future.
- Providing analysis to ensure IT demands for capabilities needed to deliver these road-maps, plans and objectives are appropriately captured, prioritised and business expectations on delivery timescales fully understood.
- Supporting the DB Portfolio Directors in their arbitration of trade-offs within the road-map, and bringing non-IT and IT stakeholders to an agreed prioritization.
- Supporting the DB Portfolio Director and Architects by tracking market innovation in their Portfolios. Horizon scanning analysis seeking out "what’s different or next" in their associated portfolio’s area of capability, engaging with local teams and third parties and feeding into wider global IT teams
- Create and drive Business Cases in support of the DB Portfolio Directors through the process, working with all relevant stakeholders, leading or supporting when appropriate. Providing analysis (either with other BAs / stakeholders or as a sole contributor) that supports Business Case production, High Level Requirement articulation, Business Needs statements and any adhoc requests for information from DBS leadership
- Provide analysis and collaborate across Portfolios to enable comprehensive and informed planning within DB.
- Prepares and manages portfolio level comms with business stakeholders
- Company Bonus Scheme OR Performance related bonus
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.