- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products. Also the Team contributes to provide vision on quality issues and failure root cause identification for cell reliability, safety and performance.
About the role
This role houses the ownership for non-destructive cell failure analysis for internal battery cell diagnostics. Utilize deep expertise in lithium-ion battery (LIB) cylindrical cell failure analysis with no compromise of sample damages/changes to capture actual cell problems correctly.
A successful candidate will have experienced technical skills to conduct comprehensive non-disruptive analysis with visual, tomographic, electrical and thermal methodology for LIB cylindrical cells to figure out critical failure causes.
Reporting to the ESD Cell Application Manager, subsequently to the Energy Storage Director. The role will encompass object management, deep technical analysis and communication.
- Be the owner of non-destructive cell failure analysis for internal battery cell diagnostics especially focused on LIB cylindrical cells to provide detailed and clear explanation of cell failure modes, mechanism and causes.
- Build inhouse non-destructive cell analysis capability with effective methodology that captures visual, tomographic, electrical and thermal cell failure root causes correctly and efficiently.
- You will be the non-destructive cell analysis subject matter expert and primary contact point for related equipment, fixture/tool design, testing, risk assessment (RA), advice, support, training and coaching.
- Collaborate and discuss deeply with cell diagnostics members to clarify potential cell failure causes, specify right methodology and prioritise analysis activities depending on cell quality issue situations.
- Conduct and manage whole non-destructive cell analysis activities with required resolution, accuracy, repeatability and timeline to give precise analysis feedback to relevant members/teams on time.
- Support to provide internal opinions for cell quality issues from the viewpoint of non-destructive cell analysis to accelerate problem solving and future prevention with external cell suppliers.
- Devise and utilize data analysis tools and visualisation techniques to consolidate acquired non-destructive analysis data and share clear explanation effectively.
- Help destructive cell analysis members to support their activities if required.
- Build and manage relationships with internal departments, equipment/part suppliers within Energy Storage.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
Experience / Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience related to LIB cylindrical cell failure analysis.
- Experience of comprehensive non-destructive analysis for LIB cells including visual (appearance/dimension/CID activation check), tomographic (CT, X-ray scan), electrical (outer insulation, delta OCV, capacity, GITT, DCR/ACR, EIS), thermal (heat capacity/conductivity/transfer/distribution) methodology.
- Experience working with LIB cylindrical cell design, development or production.
- Deep understanding of non-destructive analysis equipment, fixture/tool design, RA, maintenance and calibration.
- Experience of vibration sensitive equipment installation (e.g. CT).
- Documentation skill to summarize standard operating procedure (SOP) and analysis reports clearly.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Experience of fault tree analysis (FAT) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for root cause identification and failure prevention.
- Experience in LIB pack/product failure analysis in markets
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
Educated to Masters Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.