- Energy storage
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with uprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for a motivated and dynamic Battery Cell Simulation Engineer in the Energy Storage team within Dyson’s Research, Design and Development (RDD) department; based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, U.K.
About the role
- Development and maintenance of battery modelling environments across Energy Storage research groups.
- Development of Electro-thermal battery model (including 1D and spatially resolved models) .
- Support downstream development and handover activities for implementation of models and algorithms into production software (e.g State of Charge, State of Health, State of Function etc.).
- Support projects to develop multi-physics modelling activities to study the impact of battery ageing, thermal failure, mechanical failure on battery pack and system design.
- Support development of first principle electrochemical battery modelling activities
- Assist in developing the model characterisation process as well as streamlining and optimisation of data collection and analysis.
- Development of data analytics to understand how energy storage products are used by customers and feed back into design process.
- Management of data repositories.
- Experience in battery modelling
- Use of dedicated Battery modelling software environments (e.g. COMSOL)
- Experience in high-level software development
- Experience working in an industrial research environment
- Experience in thermal modelling
- Some experience in c# and python may be beneficial
- Higher Degree in Physical Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Background in numerical and physics based modelling
- Experience in Matlab
Benefits•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
•Private medical insurance
•Free on-site parking
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.