- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Battery Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role:
This role coordinates Li-ion battery cell lab by being a junction point among ESD, manufacturing, facility, heath safety and environment (HSE), safety, equipment/part suppliers and compliance bodies to support cell development activities driven by ESD engineers in the lab.
A successful candidate will have effective communication and organisation skills to translate requirements of battery lab facility/equipment/consumable/disposal from all stakeholders and to ensure lab operation safety/efficiency, documentation of lab related matters, monitoring, maintenance and calibration. The role will report to ESD Application team.
- Be the supervisor of the battery lab to ensure safe/effective lab operation, equipment installation/maintenance/calibration, monitoring, tool/consumable inventory and disposal management to support the cell prototyping and testing activities.
- Responsible for fast-paced battery lab facility establishment, which covers regulatory approved environment setup, new equipment commissioning, storage management and safe operation procedure for lab users.
- You will be the battery lab primary contact point for related facility, equipment, fixture/tool/consumable/disposal, operation, HSE, risk assessment (RA), advice, support, training and coaching.
- In charge of standard operating procedure (SOP) management for lab activities such as equipment operation, testing protocols, data analysis, incident procedure and disposal instruction.
- Discipline and supervise lab users to keep working safely by training them with proper lab induction and recoding certificated users/test operation history.
- Support new equipment setup by communicating with internal and external stakeholders for work permission, RA, utility hock up, installation, site acceptance test and safety check.
- Manage consumable inventory in a compliant manner with appropriate storage condition/signages and control regulated amount of chemicals to maximize lab operational efficiency with no compromise of safety.
- Keep updating latest RA and incident reports for future incident prevention in the lab and reflect them to all stakeholders.
- Build and manage strong relationships with internal departments, equipment/part suppliers, external regulators, industry bodies related to lab management.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to support either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
Experience / Requirements:
- Experience of lab management in chemistry, materials science or relevant fields.
- Experience of lab RA, HSE management in a compliant manner, equipment installation/commissioning/maintenance, consumable/tool inventory, chemical disposal management, data/security management.
- Good communication skills and initiatives to build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accurate and timely documentation skill to summarize lab relevant lists, SOP, RA, HES reports clearly.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Educated to Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
- Experience of lab launch in industry or academia
- Experience in lithium ion battery cell or related fields
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-LT
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.