- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products. Also the Team contributes to provide vision on quality issues and failure root cause identification for cell reliability, safety and performance.
About the role
This role houses the ownership for leading entire battery lab management. Be the junction point among all related ESD, manufacturing, facility, heath safety and environment (HSE), equipment/part suppliers and compliance bodies to manage the lab effectively to facilitate cell testing, analysis and material characterisation activities with keeping world-class lab safety, efficient operation and comprehensive capability.
A successful candidate will have communication and organisation skills to translate battery lab facility/equipment/consumable requirements from all stakeholders and ensure operation safety/efficiency, documentation of lab related matters, monitoring, maintenance and calibration.
Reporting to the ESD Cell Application Manager, subsequently to the Energy Storage Director. The role will encompass people and object management, technical analysis and communications.
- Be the owner of entire battery cell testing, analysis and material characterisation lab management for all related activities such as lab operation, equipment installation, monitoring, tool/consumable inventory, maintenance/calibration to accelerate effective inhouse cell diagnostics.
- Responsible for fast-paced battery lab facility establishment, which covers whole non-destructive/destructive cell analysis and material characterisation capability ensuring regulatory approved lab environment, equipment commissioning, safe operating procedure for all lab users.
- You will be the lab management subject matter expert and primary contact point for related facility, equipment, fixture/tool/consumable, operation, HSE, risk assessment (RA), advice, support, training and coaching.
- In charge of documentation/update of standard operating procedure (SOP) for all lab activities such as equipment operation, testing protocols, data analysis, incident procedure and disposal instruction with cell diagnostics members.
- Discipline and supervise all lab users to keep working safely by training them with latest SOP periodically and recoding certificated users/test operation history.
- Ensure equipment installation on time from documenting technical equipment specification (TES), communication with suppliers for facility/utility preparation, factory acceptance test (FAT), commissioning and site acceptance test (SAT).
- Manage consumable inventory in a compliant manner with appropriate storage condition/signages and control regulated amount of chemicals to maximize lab operational efficiency with no compromise of safety.
- Keep updating latest RA and reports with practical solutions for future incident prevention in the lab and reflect them to all stakeholders.
- Design cell analysis tool/fixture to support whole cell testing, analysis and material characterisation activities.
- Contribute to cell diagnostics members’ work progress to perform hands-on cell analysis activities.
- Build and manage strong relationships with internal departments, equipment/part suppliers, external regulators, industry bodies related to lab management.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to support either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
- Educated to Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
- Deep experience in RA, HSE management in a compliant manner, equipment installation/commissioning/maintenance, consumable/tool inventory, data/security management in a lab.
- Understanding of battery cell analysis related equipment such as CT, SEM, Ion milling, XPS, XRD, DCS, TGA, ICP-MS/OES, GC/LC-MS, FTIR etc.
- Experience of vibration sensitive characterisation equipment installation.
- Strong communication skills and leadership to build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accurate and timely documentation skill to summarize SOP, RA, HES reports clearly
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- People management experience
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Experience of test laboratory launch
- Experience in lithium ion battery cell analysis or related fields
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.