- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Energy Storage Development (ESD) team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products. Also the Team contributes to provide vision on quality issues and failure root cause identification for cell reliability, safety and performance.
About the role
This role houses the ownership for the battery cell test lab management. Be the junction point among all related ESD, manufacturing, facility, heath safety and environment (HSE), equipment/part suppliers and compliance bodies to manage the lab effectively to facilitate cell diagnostics activities keeping right testing capability.
A successful candidate will have communication skills to translate battery cell analysis lab facility/equipment/consumable requirements from all stakeholders and ensure operation safety/efficiency, documentation of lab related matters, monitoring, maintenance and calibration.
Reporting to the ESD Cell Application Manager, subsequently to the Energy Storage Director. The role will encompass people and object management, technical analysis and communications.
- Be the owner of battery cell analysis lab management for all lab activities such as test operation, equipment installation, monitoring, tool/consumable inventory, maintenance/calibration to accelerate effective inhouse cell diagnostics.
- Build cell diagnostic lab that covers whole non-destructive/destructive cell analysis capability ensuring regulatory approved lab environment, equipment commissioning, safe operating procedure for all lab users.
- You will be the lab management subject matter expert and primary contact point for related facility, equipment, fixture/tool/consumable, operation, HSE, risk assessment (RA), advice, support, training and coaching.
- Document/update standard operating procedure (SOP) for all lab activities such as equipment operation, testing protocols, data analysis, incident procedure and disposal instruction with cell diagnostics members.
- Supervise all lab users to keep working safely by training them with latest SOP periodically and recoding certificated users/test operation history.
- Support equipment installation from documenting technical equipment specification (TES), communication with suppliers for facility/utility preparation, factory acceptance test (FAT), commissioning and site acceptance test (SAT).
- Manage consumable inventory in a compliant manner with appropriate storage condition/signages and the amount of chemicals.
- Keep updating latest RA and reports for future incident prevention in the lab.
- Design cell analysis tool/fixture to support cell diagnostics activities.
- Help cell diagnostics members to perform hands-on cell analysis activities if required.
- Build and manage relationships with internal departments, equipment/part suppliers, external regulators, industry bodies related to lab management.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to support either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
Experience / Requirements:
- Experience of test laboratory management in chemistry and materials science fields.
- Experience in RA, HSE management in a compliant manner, equipment installation/commissioning/maintenance, consumable/tool inventory, data/security management in a lab.
- Understanding of battery cell analysis related equipment such as CT, SEM, Ion milling, XPS, XRD, DCS, TGA, ICP-MS/OES, GC/LC-MS, FTIR etc.
- Experience of vibration sensitive characterisation equipment installation.
- Good communication skill to build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good documentation skill to summarize SOP, RA, HES reports clearly
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- People management experience
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature.
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Experience of test laboratory launch
- Experience in lithium ion battery cell analysis or related fields
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
Educated to Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.