- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance. The team has a variety of competencies which enable them to carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health building services improvements as well as manage the specialist subcontractors we engage with.
About The Job
The role will include ensuring our building services and activities carried out are compliant, meeting all relevant regulations and specifications.
This role reports into the Senior Building Services Manager, EMEA and works collaboratively with the Building Maintenance Team and wider Estate’s function to ensure compliance is met. This role is accountable for the building services compliance across UK sites.
- Provide central M&E technical asset management within the CAFM for the estate
- Provide regular asset lifecycle analysis
- Act as estates technical support to helpdesk function, with regards to asset information and CAFM usage
- Manage hazardous work requests within the building maintenance function
- Production and management of the teams RAMS
- Create resilience and transparency regarding the statutory maintenance with all building and safety regulations
- Proactively highlight and help Managers to resolve any programme slippages, including the re-scheduling of planned maintenance activities and the resolution of reactive tasks
- Analyse data and produce periodic Management Information reports on resource utilisation, task tracking and FM compliance activities
- Manage building maintenance document control
- Assist in providing an interface with stakeholders over all SSoW, technical & maintenance related issue
- Keep up to date with active projects and potential new work to stay informed of potential issues such as asset capture/control matters and escalate to the Senior Management Team where appropriate
- Make recommendations for ways resource management and task planning could be improved
- Work with other project management staff and department team members to ensure consistent application of processes, learning and good practices, adhering to industry and Dysons agreed processes.
- Ensure suitable O&M information is received following completion of project work
- Undertake quality reviews of technical documents, and support other team members through peer review (i.e. of project plans and schedules) and mentoring where appropriate.
- Mechanical and / or electrical engineering background within the building maintenance environment.
- Experience Authorising Engineer
- Auditing & training experience
- An industry recognised H&S qualification
- Incorporated Engineer (desirable)
- Proven supervisory experience of property related industry or building services management.
- Sound legislation and safety knowledge including risk assessment training.
- Experience / knowledge of legionella requirements is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance planning and guidance e.g. CIBSE, SFG20.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001.
- CAFM experience and knowledge/delivery of planned maintenance schemes.
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.