- Project and Programme Management
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the Estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To support ongoing business functions and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for a Building Services Coordinator to support ongoing building operations needs.
The Role of the Building Services Coordinator
Based primarily at our US Headquarters in Chicago, IL this role will work within the Estates team to execute the appropriate strategic plan for all building services within existing, refurbished, and new spaces throughout North America. You will work directly with the Estates team, landlord points of contact, and external suppliers to ensure all Dyson spaces are running at an optimal state. Critical to success in this role will be strong organization and communication skills. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders (workplace management, capital projects, health & safety management, and retail programme delivery), this role encompasses stakeholder engagement and the establishment of, and measurement against, Key Performance Indicators.
- Approach; implementation of global workplace and building services best practices to task 3rd party partners and measure Key Performance Indicators as outlined within Service Level Agreements; maintain a “partner first” approach to delivering 5 star services to end users across the portfolio
- Document; end to end management of Real Estate compliance documents (including but not limited to leases, rent statements, certificates of insurance, business license submissions, new & renewed contracts) and clear documentation of the Work Order progress cycle to ensure successful delivery of all services (both pre-scheduled and reactive), collation of all documents into proprietary reporting tools to track end to end data
- Management; day-to-day management of all 3rd party partners and vendors, ensuring external resources are meeting the needs reported by internal stakeholders
- Compliance; fulfilment of all health & safety and environmental obligations during the Work Order management cycle
- Budgeting; forecasting and management of all building services costs, including preventative maintenance, repair and replacement; proactive reporting on reactive spends to ensure stakeholder buy in at all levels, the ability to model and propose cost effective solutions based on short and long term needs of the business
- Site Improvements; provide technical support on small to medium scale refurbishment projects
- Promote Global & Regional Estates processes within the local user groups.
- Partner with other departments such as IT, Security, Legal etc. when required
- Report critical details to the Estates leadership while proposing timely and cost effective solutions for outstanding needs
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Experience; Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years relevant experience in building operations and facilities maintenance. Substantive experience in HVAC, electric, plumbing, life-safety, BMS, and security systems preferred. Candidate should be proficient in core facets of tradework related to FM and building services.
- Technical expertise; appropriate professional qualifications, up to date knowledge of statutory and compliance obligations. Knowledge of or certification with multiple manufacturer’s systems is preferred.
- Leadership; ability to respond, prioritize and implement under pressure, coordinating both internal and external resource to reach the most expedient solution
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions, demonstrating good judgement and independent problem solving skills
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise of all building services and their dependencies in order to gain stakeholder confidence
- Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
- Neutral; ability to shape strategic direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
- Technical & IT skills - proficiency with architectural drawings/CAD, engineering specifications, project management software, and Microsoft package software strongly preferred
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative, individual must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and can prioritize with changing requirements
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.