- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Information Technology
- Chicago, IL, USA
Dyson Business Services Overview:Dyson’s Global IT Digital Business has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Procurement and Finance.
The objective of this role is to support the Portfolio Directors in DB with the shaping and demand for IT services. They will work with the business and colleagues in IT to support the detailed understanding of business requirements and how to meet these through the innovative use of technology solutions, governance compliance, road mapping and strategic planning.
Our IT Business Analysis Practice:The Business Analysis Practice is a core element of Global IT’s ‘Digital Business’ team. In its simplest form the role of the Business Analyst is to help the business articulate what it actually needs. We do this by getting to the core of the ‘ask’, understanding it in detail, enabling technical teams to build an appropriate solution, helping the business to roll it out to their people and finally enabling the business to articulate the benefits of the change.
The Business Analysts' unique selling point is that we understand (or seek to) both the Business and Technology arenas and join the two to enable the delivery of world class solutions that add value to Dyson.
About the roleThe, BA Consultant, reporting to the Head of Business Analysis and working with the DB Portfolio Director is responsible for:
- Supporting the DB Portfolio Directors and Senior Managers across all specialisms, by working as a trusted partner between IT and business leaders to understand and shape strategic roadmaps, plans and objectives and its impact on IT (including demand).
- Working alongside other BAs and Architects, understanding the relevant business capability and championing business needs, supporting better visibility and understanding of portfolio roadmaps and plans for stakeholders, ultimately helping to; shape, stimulate and build their IT strategies and roadmaps for the future.
- Providing analysis to ensure IT demands for capabilities needed to deliver these roadmaps, plans and objectives are appropriately captured, prioritized and business expectations on delivery timescales fully understood.
- Supporting the DB Portfolio Directors in their arbitration of trade-offs within the roadmap and bringing non-IT and IT stakeholders to an agreed prioritization.
- Supporting the DB Portfolio Director and Architects by tracking market innovation in their Portfolios. Horizon scanning analysis seeking out “what’s different or next” in their associated portfolio’s area of capability, engaging with local teams and third parties and feeding into wider global IT teams
- Create and drive Business Cases in support of the DB Portfolio Directors through the process, working with all relevant stakeholders, leading or supporting when appropriate. Providing analysis (either with other BAs / stakeholders or as a sole contributor) that supports Business Case production, High Level Requirement articulation, Business Needs statements and any ad hoc requests for information from DBS leadership
- Provide analysis and collaborate across Portfolios to enable comprehensive and informed planning within DB.
- Prepares and manages portfolio level comms with business stakeholders.
About youWith experience in a similarly dynamic role and complex organization, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of shaping and demand management at portfolio level.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- At least 7 years’ experience of leading an I.T. team providing services or delivering projects to the business.
- Significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, programme and project management techniques including Agile.
- Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion.
- Leadership in IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of business communication strategy development and stakeholder management
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level if detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.