- £Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Bristol - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our teams, we’re proud to be different.
Our Owner Experience Platform team (OXP) is an exciting, fast-paced team responsible for the development and delivery of enhancements to support our ecommerce platform, Dyson.com. Now, more than ever, it is important that we understand the needs of our customers and adapt our platform to suit demand.
We are recruiting for a Business Analyst to join Dyson’s Owner Experience team. Based in Dyson’s software & technology hub in Bristol, you will have the opportunity to work in a community of talented technologists who work with the Dyson business globally to put our customers first.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for the elicitation and elaboration of requirements. Working as part of an agile team, you’ll work closely with the business and Product Owners to understand high-level requirements and develop the supporting Epics and User Stories. As an integral part of the Scrum team, you will be responsible for refining the requirements, gaining technical input to ensure they are ready for estimation and development.
You’ll support the Developers and Testers as the owner of the requirement artefacts, answers questions and help to ensure requirements are fully understood and developed to meet market needs. Our OXP Business Analysts work closely with key business stakeholders and are responsible for the creation of training documentation, and the delivery of training ahead of feature releases to the market. To aid refinement you will create supporting analysis documentation including, but not limited to, as-is/to-be models, user journeys and story maps.
You’ll need to have:
• Practical experience of working as Business Analyst within agile delivery teams, demonstrating agile modelling and documentation techniques
• Experience of the wider range of activities performed by Business Analyst, such as process modelling and use case mapping
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood, clearly and unambiguously documented to ensure they can be developed to meet customer needs
• Good written and verbal skills, to ensure that you can relate confidentially and effectively to key stakeholders within the project
• Passion for producing quality deliverables, always seeking to develop and improve both yourself and the team that you work with
• An enthusiastic mindset, and eager to work at pace, embracing the agile delivery methodology of the team.
• Keenness to learn new techniques and gain experience on core Dyson IT applications
• Working knowledge of Atlassian products, such as JIRA and Confluence
• Proven experience working on E-Commerce projects
We’d also like to see:
• Experience in Hybris or AEM exposure
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.