- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT’s task is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team which is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Application Business Services Team
Dyson’s Global IT Digital Business has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance.
About the role
- Reporting to the Business Analyst Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting analysis activity in order to elicit requirements and inform business decisions.
- Supporting the implementation of information system and enhancements in line with business need and aiding benefits realisation.
- Investigating, analysing and reviewing project or business documentation.
- Supporting the definition of requirements for improving processes and systems.
- Supporting the creation and iteration of acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of information and communication systems.
- Producing business models and assisting in the development of business cases.
- Working independently or collaboratively on complex situations and tasks.
- Providing specialist advice on subject to multiple stakeholders on complex issues.
- Acting as a role model and/or coach to Associate Business Analysts.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration. Works interactively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
Requirements definition and management:
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises.
- Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders.
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements.
- Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Analyses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Works with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
- Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations. Models current and desired scenarios as directed.
- Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives.
- Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced.
- Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- 2 years experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Awareness of the wide range of activities performed by BAs.
- Can cope with complex cases through deliberate analysis and planning.
- Can achieve excellent results on small, less complicated work without supervision.
- Some years (>2) of practical experience working within the discipline.
- Relevant professional Qualifications, ideally including;
- Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
- Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering.
- Experience with selecting appropriate techniques to accomplish business analysis tasks in different conditions.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.