- Business Development
- United Kingdom - England Remote
The GB&I Professional team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile and we consistently strive to live the Dyson values of Authentic, Different and Better every day. We’re looking for an ambitious Business Development Executive to join the team.
We work within the highly competitive B2B environment introducing Dyson technology to potential owners by implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways of extending our reach. It requires managing multiple networks of customer contacts and overseeing numerous routes to market – from building on strong relationships with electrical resellers and washroom service providers, developing strategic partnerships with complementary product partners to extending our rental offering and seeking new routes to market. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better results; we see every day as a race day.
Geographically, this role covers the Manchester and surrounding areas, and concentrates on the Hospitality, Manufacturing, Education, Hospitality and Office Space Verticals.
About The Role
1) Achievement of new New business Business generation targets
- You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of sales strategy that targets key major customers and verticals within the Manchester region.
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure commercial success across the Manchester region.
2) New business Business meeting generation
- Work closely with the Inside Sales Team to provide quality data of target customers within the identified cities geographical pockets.
- Self-generate new business meetings with target customers through multiple routes – telephone, cold calling, networking & digital mediums..
- Utilize relationships with third parties to generate new business meetings.
3) Management of multiple routes to market
- Manage the route to market plan that covers multiple customer types.
- Direct to Dyson Professional business owners.
- Architects, Specifiers and Designers.
- Mechanical and Electrical engineers.
- Construction companies.
- Electrical distributors and wholesalers.
- Washroom Partners.
- Rental providers.
4) Effective Journey and Activity Planning
- Developing a regular visit schedule with all Partners.
- Create and implement tactical sales and marketing activity.
- Seek to establish new and innovative ways to sell Dyson Professional products into partners and direct customers.
- Achieve a targeted minimum target of visits through new business, partners and direct customers.
5) Business Meeting skills
- Present clear and compelling propositions to customers through professional well-structured business meetings.
- Taking a consultative approach to gain an understanding of the key drivers for each third-party partner and tailor solutions to meet their needs, whilst providing the relevant capabilities.
- Deliver effective sales presentations through varying formats to third party customers.
- Utilize excellent knowledge of Dyson technology to deliver compelling demonstrations of all Professional products.
- Business Development experience (2-3 years)
- Excellent lead generation skills
- Experience presenting and selling to Architects or Interior Designers
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships
- An effective, concise communicator, with strong negotiation skills
- Good commercial experience including strong analytical ability
- Assertive and able to overcome objections
- Confident presentation skills
- Target driven mindset
- Established contact base for Hospitality contacts in the Midlands is favorable
- Experience of working within B2B sales environment or experience working with Interior Designers
- CRM system (Salesforce.com) knowledge
- LinkedIn knowledge
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Company car and duel card
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.