- Business Development
- United Kingdom - England Remote
The GB&I Professional team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile and we consistently strive to live the Dyson values of Authentic, Different and Better every day. We’re looking for an ambitious Business Development Executive to join the team.
We work within the highly competitive B2B environment introducing Dyson technology to potential owners by implementing the most profitable long-term business plans and driving innovative ways of extending our reach. It requires managing multiple networks of customer contacts and overseeing numerous routes to market – from building on strong relationships with electrical resellers and washroom service providers, developing strategic partnerships with complementary product partners to extending our rental offering and seeking new routes to market. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better results; we see every day as a race day.
Geographically, this role covers the Midlands and we operate a Vertical Sector Strategy, targeting the Education and Health+Care, Hospitality (HORECA), and Workspace Sectors – namely engaging with Key Offices, Schools, Universities, Hospital Trusts and Private Medical Care facilities. 4-5* Hotels, Resorts, Restaurants & Bars.
About the role
Accountable for the generation and closing of sales opportunities, including:
1) Achievement of new New business Business generation targets
You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of your of a Vertical Trade Sector Strategy sales strategy that targets key major customers and verticals within the Midlands.
Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure commercial success across the Midlands region.
2) New business Business meeting generation
Work closely with the Inside Sales Team to provide quality data offer target customers within the identified cities geographical pockets
Self-generate new business meetings with target customers through multiple routes – telephone, cold calling, networking & digital mediums..
Utilize relationships with third parties to generate new business meetings.
3) Management of multiple routes to market
Manage the route to market plan that covers multiple customer types.
Direct to Dyson Professional business owners.
Architects, Specifiers and Designers.
Mechanical and Electrical engineers.
Electrical distributors and wholesalers.
4) Effective Journey and Activity Planning
Developing a regular visit schedule with all Partners.
Create and implement tactical sales and marketing activity.
Seek to establish new and innovative ways to sell Dyson Professional products into partners and direct customers.
Achieve a targeted minimum target of visits through new business, partners and direct customers,
5) 6) Business Meeting skills
Present clear and compelling propositions to customers through professional well-structured business meetings.
Taking a consultative approach to gain an understanding of the key drivers for each third party third-party partner and tailor solutions to meet their needs, whilst providing the relevant capabilities. to meet these.
Deliver effective sales presentations through varying formats to third party customers.
Utilize excellent knowledge of Dyson technology to deliver compelling demonstrations of all Professional products.
You’ll need to have:
- Business Development experience (2-3 years)
- Excellent lead generation skills
- Experience presenting and selling to Architects or Interior Designers
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships
- An effective, concise communicator, with strong negotiation skills
- Good commercial experience including strong analytical ability
- Assertive and able to overcome objections
- Confident presentation skills
- Target driven mindset
- Experience working with Manufacturing and Logistics customers is ideal
We’d also like you to have:
- Experience of working within B2B sales environment in Hospitality Sales
- Or experience working with Interior Designers
- CRM system (Salesforce.com) knowledge
- LinkedIn knowledge
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.